Stop WT society information control by giving access to REAL information

by flipper 14 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Of course we all know that many ex-JW's are doing this online constantly and that's a good thing. Whether by you tubes, websites, blogs, etc. the worldwide community of ex-JW's has been and will continue to be proactive in putting out REAL information to counteract and offset the lies and fantasy propaganda put out by the WT Society.

As realists some or perhaps many of us realize that this won't bring the WT Society down overnight as the mind control of the WT Society is strong and manipulates millions of unaware people. However in each of our little communities I suggest that we CAN make a change or difference in making JW's and non-JW's aware of the injustices committed by the WT organization.

For instance some ideas to counteract the huge JW.org propaganda machine being pushed may be to just approach Witnesses as they are standing at their JW.org stands - NOT to argue, NOT to debate doctrine- but to come to them out of CONCERN for their welfare that they aren't being told about criminal actions of child abuse or be aware  that a pedophile may be sitting in the next seat to them at their local congregation. Then proceed to hand them perhaps News releases discussing the Lopez case in San Diego where WT Society had to pay out 13,5 million for refusing to testify or give out information. Or the Oregon child abuse case, Conti case, any of them. Perhaps ask leading questions while posing as an unbeliever who is concerned but has relatives inside the Witnesses ; perhaps questions like : If somebody is ex-communicated in your religion would you KNOW if it was for child abuse ? Do they announce WHO is a child molester in your church so parents can be warned for their children's safety ? Or mention to them that your JW relatives told you that the elders have to contact the WT legal department first before they ever contact the police . Ask them if they are aware of that policy ? Ask them to ask their elders about it.

Ask them isn't the safety of children being potential victims important enough to insist that the congregation be made aware if a person is a molester or pedophile among them ? Isn't this the responsible thing to do ? Then let them answer. See where they go with it.

I have had some interesting results in my little community talking to JW's when they are on breaks at Starbucks using this technique , or when they are doing street work with JW,org, or even at times I've slipped WT child abuse news releases under car windshield at parking lots at Kingdom Halls to get the word out about what's happening.

Bottom line is that there are MANY ways that we as ex-JW's can responsibly counteract the information control of the WT Society organization. All it takes is effort and the willingness to assist others so they won't stay in the dark without information. Probably up to 95 % of the JW's right now are not aware of all the child abuse lawsuits against the WT Society right now or any other unjust WT actions that are occurring. All it takes from us is the willingness to show caring to others like someone reached out to us when we first exited.

Do some of you folks have any suggestions on HOW we can not only inform JW's in our own little communities , perhaps starting small cracks of doubt among them , but also assist non-JW's to look into the dangers of the WT Society and warn them before they join ? I'm all ears here. Would be interested to see your ideas and thoughts ! Let's brainstorm ! Who knows ? In small little increments you and I may make a difference in our own geographical areas . Take care all, Love & Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/pamphlet.php

http://jwvictims.org/flyers-publications/

http://aawa.co/publications/flyers-and-handouts/

https://carm.org/warning-tract

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/10-Questions-flyer-English-A4.pdf

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The following link offers three pages, each of which makes for a handy and helpful handout to aid JWs who have not found anything better to do then stand around hawking Watchtower propaganda. The third image/page would suffice all by itself!  

Watchtower Verdict of Record

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Love your idea of having printouts of the recent child molestation cases on hand. Maybe have a folder in the car or in a drawer by the front door. 

I truly think it's easy to dismiss "apostates" when they come at you yelling and screaming scriptures at you. But if you appeal to them with concern for their children/grandchildren and show them with news reports/court documents you just might get to them.

I know in my case what happened to my family really disturbed many and I've heard some have left because of it. Child molestation is something most humans find unforgivable, I really think more and more JW's are finding out about what's happening within their religion, I'm hoping their conscience will kick in with a little help from all all of us.

• steve2
    steve2

I certainly favor the more thoughtful one-to-one gentle, respectful,  concerned approaches than the more in-your-face, "expose", dramatic approaches for the latter spooks rather than informs. Where's the effectiveness in alarming JWs to the point where you lose their good will and listening ears?

What's that idea we were taught as Witnesses? Planting seeds of ideas that hopefully  will sprout. I like the way you have framed the issue of child sex abuse in terms of good parents caring deeply about their children's wellbeing and being concerned about the organization's virtual silence on whether or not "known" pedophiles are in the congregations. 

• flipper
    flipper

WATCHTOWER-FREE- Thanks for all the links. I appreciate it and I'm sure many here and lurkers will as well ! Access to real information is everything , very important.

MARVIN- Thanks a bunch for providing the link to the Conti situation . It definitely helps give access to important info.

TRUTHSEEKERIAM- I agree with you. If we approach Jehovah's Witnesses as concerned, caring individuals who are looking out for their welfare ; perhaps it will trigger some, or a little of their authentic personality and get them out of " cult mode " for just a bit so that they might listen to what we have to say. When they are in that " cult defense " mode it's next to impossible to reason with them.  I'm glad to hear that some JW's left after hearing what happened in your family. They saw the injustices . I'm very sorry that you experienced the pain of seeing your child hurt badly though.

STEVE 2- Good point about planting seeds with JW's. I agree. If we can keep the conversation going with them in a pleasant tone than an accusatory tone - I believe that we may accomplish some good. AS you say most parents are really into protecting their children at all costs because the WT Society's demands for loyalty crosses over a line of demarcation or boundary which should never HAVE to be crossed- the safety of one's own children in a physical and mental and emotional way. So appealing to JW's using that reasoning I believe is a good one 

• flipper
    flipper
    This thread dropped back and got buried pretty quick. Thought I'd bump it up to get some more ideas from anybody who would like to contribute ideas. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I am looking for a new opening to mention things to my JW wife.  I hope to convey that the pedophiles situation is so bad and WTS is fighting and losing so many lawsuits for their secrecy that they are secretly recruiting any JW lawyers from within the U.S. congregations.
  • integ
    integ
    I know the pedophile "issue" is real but the problem in my area with convincing jw's that there IS a problem is that there have never been any local cases where anything like this has happened...or at least come out as happening. You tell a witness at any of my town's kingdom halls that they may be sitting next to a pedophile they'll just shrug it off as impossible, or laugh (not funny) or just be dismissive of it.  It's not REAL to them. 
  • flipper
    flipper

ON THE WAY OUT- I hope you are able to open your wife's eyes some day to the injustices going on inside the JW organization. I know that it's really hard when our JW family keeps their blinders on. Most of my still active JW family are like that except perhaps my mom. Like you stated if you tell her that a letter was sent from WT headquarters requesting people to volunteer for legal jobs and attorneys- perhaps she'll put two and two together. One can only hope.

INTEG-  You make a good point. Until JW's have something actually happen in their lives that bites them in the ass - many times they think that means a problem doesn't exist ANYWHERE. Including child abuse like you mentioned . It's part of that cult denial, compartmentalizing thing that goes on in their brains.  It's like they say, " Oh well, it's never happened HERE where we live so it must not happen that MUCH. Just isolated incidents. " I've heard JW's say that a lot. All we can do is try to put some real back into their version of what they consider " reality "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit