Blood type..............who knows their's and who's an A- ?

by Sunnygal41 44 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

I am A neg which is 16% of the population I donate to the Red Cross every 6 weeks like clock work.

• Mulan
    Mulan

O+

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

A neg. .....ergo, next to rarest....

• stephoness
    stephoness

A-

Had to check my license. My Mom knows my blood type but I always forget, and when I filled out the organ donor part on my license, I made sure to ask my Mom so I would write it down correctly.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have no clue.. Come to think of it, I guess it might be a good idea to find out huh!

• jgnat
    jgnat

O negative. Curious what your blood type says about you? Check out this link:

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Looking for something else, found this thread, and thought I'd give the new group a chance to post their types................

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Here are a couple of general info charts........................

Compatibility

Blood donors and blood recipients must have compatible blood types. O- is the universally compatible blood type. The chart below illustrates how people with different blood types can receive or donate other blood (X means compatible). An A- person, for example, can receive either O- or A-, and can donate to people with AB+, AB-, A+ or A- blood.

Recipient Donor O- O+ B- B+ A- A+ AB- AB+ AB+ X X X X X X X X AB- X X X X A+ X X X X A- X X B+ X X X X B- X X O+ X X O- X

Frequency

Blood types are not evenly distributed throughout the human population. O+ is the most common, AB- is the rarest. There are also variations in blood-type distribution within human subpopulations.

Type Frequency

O+ 38% A+ 34% B+ 9% O- 7% A- 6% AB+ 3% B- 2% AB- 1%
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

B-

Mrs Jones

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

B Pos

I've shared this experience before, but a segment on 60 Minutes II from the fall of 2001 was what sealed the deal for me, as far as leaving JW's. It was about this kid who had sickle cell disease, and due to some mix-up he got transfused with the wrong blood type. But the happifying result was that it changed his blood type and cured him of the disease, saving him from a life of increasing pain, decreasing mobility, and an untimely death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit