Blood type..............who knows their's and who's an A- ?

by Sunnygal41 44 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hi fellow posters!

In connection with a recent post by Blondie, I wondered what everyone's blood type was on the forum. Do any of you know? A couple of years ago, I wondered what mine was and contacted my hospital that has my records. I am an A negative. Anyone else know their's? Care to share?

Terri

• Badger
    Badger

AB-Neg.

The rarest....

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

A Positive

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

A Positive

• neyank
    neyank

B+.

I guess mine couldn't score an A. :-)

neyank

• aunthill
    aunthill

A neg

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

O+

Common as muck. I didn't know that blood type distribution varies between ethnic groups. I found this info on the UK blood transfusion website.

It's a given fact that people in different countries are, well, different. Languages, attitudes, eating habits, that sort of thing. Well, the same holds for their blood groups and distribution too. Almost all South American Indians are group O, while about 25% of Asians are group B. Only about 9% of Caucasians have that particular group. And should you find yourself in Norway requiring a blood transfusion, let's hope it's group A you need, because that's what they've got the most of up in that part of the world.

Blood groups have other uses too. Anthropologists can do their stuff, tracking the movement of ancient peoples and tribes by studying the difference in blood groups. For example, they've discovered that gypsies have a very similar blood distribution to the natives of North West India. Linguists already think the two were connected. The blood evidence confirms it.

The best place to find group O is in the north of England - a throwback to before the 8th century when everyone was that group, and before the Vikings came and messed up our gene pool. But the South of England has a greater preponderance of group A. That'll be all those European invasions over the centuries. And if you're looking for group B, then look no further than among the Asian or Chinese communities.

Almost anyone between the ages of 17 and 60 can become a new blood donor. And those regular donors who are still in good health can still show up and donate for their free cup of tea and biscuits right up to the age of 70.

Last year we collected 2.5 million donations from about 1.9 million donors. Sounds a lot? Actually it isn't. That's only 6% of the population, giving two or three times a year.

• avishai
    avishai

A-

• FMZ
    FMZ

I studied real hard for my blood test and still got an F.

FMZ

• Elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit