The GREAT Cookery Debate. (FLUFF).

by Englishman 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Do you cook with mains gas, bottled gas or electricity?

Which do you prefer?

Is your cooker / oven / stove, whatever you call it, one piece, split level, eye-level grill, rotisserie or what?

Which do you prefer?

I like mains gas + eye-level grill.

Englishman.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Ours is gas, but similar style to Joy's stove, if you remember it Mike. I would love the eye level ones, but they are mainly in restaurants here. You can get them for homes, but they are pretty pricey.

I love cooking with gas. We've had a gas range for about 8 years I think, and recently bought a new one. The old one was used and finally gave out. The new one is pretty fancy and has all kinds of neat features, including two ovens, and digital programming, and buttons to push for specific foods. Idiot proof, I guess.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I've never had the eye level oven types..........they are very cool though.. Most of my life I have had gas stoves and to be honest, I do prefer gas.. I think it is only because I am used to it (Daddy used to be a propane deliverer)... I tend to burn myself on my electric... I forget it is still hot after I shut everything off (unlike a gas that is OFF when you turn it off)....

want to see my burns?? I have several at the moment... I happen to have electric in the apartment we are in..

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I cook on an electric stove because that's what I have and it's what I'm used too, though I read somewhere that the professional chefs generally prefer gas.

My favorite method of cooking is over an open fire while camping and sucking back large quantities of beer.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I love to cook. Our range and ovens are electric, although I would prefer gas. The range is a countrtop unit on one side of the kitchen. The ovens are a pair built into the wall on the opposite side of the kitchen.

I also prepare dinners once or twice a week over charcoal and hardwoods in a either a grille or a smoker on the patio. I don't mind knee deep snow in the back yard ... I'll be out there smoking a slab of spareribs for the family & drinking a beer.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I also prepare dinners once or twice a week over charcoal and hardwoods in a either a grille or a smoker on the patio. I don't mind knee deep snow in the back yard ... I'll be out there smoking a slab of spareribs for the family & drinking a beer.

We do that too. Dave is my barbeque expert, and he is often out there in a driving rainstorm, sipping his beer and tending to steaks or ribs or chicken. We do it all year round too, over charcoal or wood. We have two cookers and both of them can have a wood fire. Yummy!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

We like to eat out at vietnamese and chinese restaurants - I don't have to do the washing up!!!!!!!

• shamus
    shamus

I don't cook. I just eat donuts.

• Xena
    Xena

I prefer a gas stove but it's rare to find an apartment, around here anyway, that has those So I am stuck with electric

Fortunately my water heater IS gas...and 50 lovely gallons....oh yea baybeee!

• aunthill
    aunthill

My stove is natual gas and I love it. We upgraded the range when the house was being built, so it has some bells & whistles that I never had before, but my favorite part is being able to regulate the flame.

Hubby also barbeques year 'round - 'course our weather is much more clement than some of yours. Although, when we were in Washington (Sequim) for three years, he braved the rain, and once or twice the snow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit