New forum: one month progress report

by Simon 26 Replies latest forum announcements

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Island Man, that'll only appear when you hover over the picture/avatar."

Yes, but so does the yellow banner displaying the useful information. Why have a yellow banner with useful information appear when you hover over an avatar only to have some of that useful information obscured by a redundant tool tip giving information already shown in the said yellow banner? The tool tip is negating some of the usefulness of the yellow banner.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Oh, I think I see what you mean, happy@last. When I move the pointer off the avatar but keep it within the banner the tool tip disappears and I can see all the info. clearly. Still, for the sake of user-friendliness, a user shouldn't have to learn and use such technical idiosyncrasies. LOL. Besides, the tool tip really is redundant.
  • campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

I quite liked reading the posts in the old forum, when it showed the post count and join date of the member. Don't have that any more. Only been posting since the new site, so cant compare in that aspect.

So post count count and join date would be good.

EDIT: Forget that, worked it out.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Thank you Simon for all your hard work. I love the new look. Its very user friendly.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I never like change...so I admit it all stressed me at first, as I felt so comfortable with the old format.

However, I understood the reasoning behind the changes, and I support it 100%

Big credit to Simon for all the hard work (much of which I reckon most of us would have no idea about).

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Simon: "One thing I missed off the list is more "help". I haven't quite decided yet if that would be better as a "take a tour" or set of videos or FAQ/ReadMe or help pop-ups but it is definitely something I want to improve"

I vote for FAQ. It could just be me but I've never been a fan of explanatory videos. In my opinion pop ups that come up when you mouse over anything are distracting and irritating.

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Simon, why is it very hard to sign out of JWN?  I keep hitting the "Sign Out" button and it's still showing I am logged on JWN.  Is there something I can do to get myself logged out, I can't afford to leave my name logged, if my parents found this I am in trouble!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Simon, do we really have to download something to receive private messages?

Doc

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon, do we really have to download something to receive private messages?

Of course not.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

My inbox is still showing 2 unread messages when all are read.  (same since first day of update, unsure if everybody is showing wrong number still or not).  

Also I still think it would be nice if total page views were shown again.  

Other then that everything else is great.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit