First Post

by Purza 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks for the warm welcome and the words of advice and encouragement. I really need it.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

You're not alone now. Welcome!

• Purple
    Purple

Welcome Purza!

Glad you felt able to start talking. I found that was the best release. Unitl I came here I could not be bothered speaking out againt the organisation. I mean I felt I had walked away so it was best to get on with my life and not worry. Sometimes I do wonder why people who have left do go on about things the way they do but I think its because a part of them still remains in the old thinking patterns and ways.

The truth is the truth will only have the hold on you that you allow it to have. No more, no less. How much you allow it to control you and your actions is up to you. It is a part of you and has shaped the person you are, your life experience up till now, how you view and filter life and so on. Girlfriend accept it and move on. You are the sum total of your life experiences so far so embrace them, learn from them and move on.

JW's are only people. They are only misguided people with a strict way of living and relating to the world they live in. You chose to step outside of it so go fully outside. Dont allow them to make you hide in fear. They are only people with a set of beliefs, like any other person in any other cult. They have no real power only that which we ascribe to them. Give them no power over your life and they have none. There is no magical cure all, no words people can say that will help you learn that. You must learn it for yourself and believe it. Then you must live it, You do not need anyone's permission to move on with your life. You have chosen to do it so get on with it. Face life in the face and enjoy the experience. Grow and learn but dont be afraid to move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit