Hot Off the Press- WE ARE NOT ATTENDING THE MEMORIAL-FIRST TIME

by wednesday 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sassy
    Sassy

as you know by my thread started the other day, I didn't go for the first time either..

I feel numb about it.. which totally surprised me.. i thought I'd feel a little guilty

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"What "got " us was that we both felt so anxious about going to the KH. U would not think a place of worship would evoke anxiety, but it did."

Good for you Wednesday! You realized beforehand the feelings that the idea of going to the Memorial were producing, and chose not to go. The last Memorial I attended, I had a full out panic attack. If I would have been more in tune with my emotions, as you were, and stayed home, I would have been much better off.

This year, I stayed home, had a nice little chicken salad, and watched an interesting show about Jesus on tv-about the fifth one I've watched this week:) I even watched one the organisation vilified, and it was actually very interesting, and not anything like they portrayed it to be.

I stayed in the organisation for years, because a close friend kept encouraging me by saying "We aren't here to worship men, we're here to worship Jehovah." And I can honestly say, it did me more harm than good to stay.

Remember, BY THEIR FRUITS YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THEM

I hope you and hubby had a very peaceful, happy Memorial

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

We (my new wife--non-jw) celebrated at home. Little Toe mentioned "Carr's Water Crackers" he buys in Scotland...unbelievably I found them here in Texas at the local "Wal-Mart"!

I've 'missed' four Memorials already, but decided after reading so many threads here about doing it at home...I thought,"Why not?" It was a little weird, but very satisfying. I haven't prayed with anyone in 7 - 8 years. I said the prayer over the bread, she over the wine. We both partook...it was the most natural feeling I've ever had at a 'Memorial'. My wife and I were equals, both saying prayers. Jesus wanted his disciples to participate in this ritual rememberance...so we did.

Someone on another thread rightly pointed out...15 - 16 million people show up at Kingdom Halls each year, all dressed up...to 'reject' the Lord's Evening Meal. I chose not to after 35 years of doing it wrong.

Cheers to all of us !

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Hubby and I did attend. What a joke! We are also planning to celebrate our own memorial this week. I feel it is the right thing to do.

wannaexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit