Hot Off the Press- WE ARE NOT ATTENDING THE MEMORIAL-FIRST TIME

by wednesday 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have been feeling nervous all day. My hubby has been out doing yardwork, so we hadn't talked too much. Finally we talked. I told him, i felt very anxious, and was actually shaking. He said he felt that way too. We both decided to not attend the memorial, but to have our own one. We weren't actually even invited, and we don't think anyone will notice we weren't there.He's going to go get the wine, and try and find those crackers. If he can't, i guess i'll try Valis receipe. it sounds the easiest.We decided we can have our own service. And we will partake.

Man, u never know.

• English Patient
    English Patient

I didn't go either. Although I didn't even think of partaking.... oops!

Try not to be nervous over theology, it's not worth it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

wow wednesday! And here I imagined you were a total long time apostate! I'm surprised that this is a first for you, but happy for you. Sounds like progress to me. Wish you the best in helping your hubby.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

If both of you didn't want to go, then why were you both so nervous? From your post, I'm under the impression that you are both still JWs or at least still associate with them.

If that's the case, then I think it's a wise decision not to go to the memorial. That'll send them the message that you want no more of their garbage. I was actually invited by the person who used to study with me, but I dont' think I'll go. I'm too lazy.

• pc
    pc

Good for you guys. Free at last!!! I attended my church today and listened to a great sermon about Jesus and then took communion. It feels so great to really appreciate understand just what Christ endured.pc

• Satanus
    Satanus

Congrats, weds. I did it a couple of times in a couple of churches, after i first left the wt. It felt great. No flames dancing around the room, no speaking in tongues, but you never know.

SS

• gods vigilante
    gods vigilante

It will be a first time for me as well. I decided that I will, instead of going, read the whole passage concerning the passover. I have a feeling I'll get more out of it then I ever have at the hall.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    If both of you didn't want to go, then why were you both so nervous? From your post, I'm under the impression that you are both still JWs or at least still associate with them

Oxnard Hamster(i would love to know how u chose your name, btw)

we are nervous b/c we have doing this our entire life and to not go to the Memorial is a big deal. Usually u see people at the memorial that just attend once a year, but to not go-well it is just not done. I also feel nervous b/c we really wouldn't have been welcomed, honestly they don't care if we are there are not. But somewhere in my indoctrination is the belief that even if they were to spit on us, we should attend and serve jehovah. After all we are serving him, not the brothers. That's the party line anyhow.

So for my hubby to admit,that he too really felt very nervous about attending and would just as soon stay at home. well it is progress. We have not attended for some time, but for my hubby, he is thinking , well , i'm just inactive, i can go back and attend.. I'm just inactive. For lme, i know, i can't go back there. It is a big deal for us both.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    wow wednesday! And here I imagined you were a total long time apostate! I'm surprised that this is a first for you, but happy for you. Sounds like progress to me. Wish you the best in helping your hubby.

u never know, do u sixty, about people here on the board. Actually, i have opposed the org for a long time. But i was attending. If u can imagine that. I was very outspoken to the elders and opposed them on many things. I did keep attending b/c i bought their party line that it was God's org, and not to let"men" stumble u.. well, men have stumbled me. the org= the the people in the org.

• gods vigilante
    gods vigilante

For me, being the first time I'm not going as well... I feel a bit of a nag on me as well. However, I remind myself that because I've been indoctrinated for so long to believe that I need to go to a place to serve Jehovah, then I'm going to feel that way. But, did Jesus ever go to a place to worship Jehovah? Many times he went off by himself into the mountains. Did he go back to the temple even though that's where he had attended for most of his life? No, he showed us that it doesn't matter where we serve Jehovah, it matters how we serve him.

I hope this has helped you a bit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit