13-year old son going to partake tonight

by roybatty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy
    Each one would "bottoms up" the glass.

Maybe you're more annointed the more wine you drink? LOL

• minimus
    minimus

I'd skip the bread and just go for the wine.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Who was to know that within a few years I'd be desiring to partake, myself - LOL.

LOL, I think you'd make a great spokesman for a cracker company!

Roy, if your son does this, I bet he'll get a lot less "encouragement" in the future from the congregation, and from his mom too, for that matter! He can just show them the advertisement on the back of that recent Awake, and the scripture cited, to make his argument.

• freedom96
    freedom96

If your son is sincere about taking the bread for what it actually represents, and he can withstand the aftermath, I would encourage him to do it.

If he is doing it just to piss his mom off, then I would not let him do it.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    If your son is sincere about taking the bread for what it actually represents, and he can withstand the aftermath, I would encourage him to do it.

If he is doing it just to piss his mom off, then I would not let him do it.

Actually, neither. He knows how absurd the whole JW religion is. The hypocracy, lies and "false righteousness." He's seen childhood JW "friends" no longer associate with him because he's chosen a differnt set of beliefs. He's seen the shunning of me out in public and (unfortuntely) the double-standards of his JW mom. Anyway, I think it's two thiings. One, he's just being a mischevious 13 year old and two, he's showing those at the Hall that their whole system is a bunch of BS. Jeez, that kids sometimes, he does march to the beat of his own drum.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I secretly hope he does, as a witness kid i never had the guts, thought about it heaps but never did it.

Anybody else had the same thoughts as a kid.

• Joker10
    Joker10

Lets see if it made him sick.

• roybatty
    roybatty

Ah, looks like he didn't do. Evidently his mom, like most moms, knew he was up to something and gave him "the look." lol. Oh well. There's always next year.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Roy,

I can't help but giggle as I read your post. I was hoping he'd partake too! LOL!

Kids beating to their own drum is a good thing. I wish I'd been given a drum. But it was beat out of me before I realized what it was.

Keep up the good fathering. As he gets older, he'll realize what a great dad he has. If he hasn't already!

Andi

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Billygoat, great post. Robatty, keep doing what you are doing. Never underestimate the support a non-JW parent can provide. Today I just got some disturbing news about my brother; he's really messed up his life. Now, I don't for a minute put all the blame on my parents: he's an adult. But my dad who was a non-believer always stood behind my JW mom. We were forced to go to meetings/service, etc. My dad basically relinquished all responsibilty for the raising of us to my mom; he was just the breadwinner. My brother was affected more than I because I believe he needed a stronger male role model. As a consequence, he got no direction, no help for planning for the future, no sense of responsiblity. My mom and other witnesses were just waiting for the world to be destroyed at Armageddon. I

You sound like a great father. You son sounds like a stong minded, great kid. I know it's tempting to continue to allow mom to do what she things she has to do with your son, but there comes a point when you have to stop, and he has to stop, doing things just out of respect for mom. JW's are a CULT. I'm glad you son (thanks to you, no doubt) sees this. Continue to help him do so. . Give him direction, a healthy hope for the future, and goals (outside of JW/Armageddon)

Sorry, not trying to lecture...just bummed about my brother...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit