13-year old son going to partake tonight

by roybatty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• roybatty
    roybatty

My 13-year old son is with his JW mom this weekend but he just popped by to grab his baseball mit and to tell me (lol) that since his mom is making him go to the memorial tonight, he's going to eat the bread. He's a great kid but he has no sense of fear. He'll do it. I didn't know if I should laugh or tell him not to. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I told him he shouldn't (out of respect for him mother). As I was saying this I just couldn't help but think about the reaction of everyone at the kingdom hall. I just couldn't hide my grin. Jeez, I hope he doesn't actually do it (I think) lol.

• blondie
    blondie

I notice he was bright enough to know that he would probably not get an opportunity to drink the wine.

His mom will definitely give him what for is only for embarrassing her.

Blondie

• shamus
    shamus

jToo dammed funny!

I hope he does too!

• Corvin
    Corvin

::secretly hoping your boy follows through::

I remember when I was a kid, a youngish man with long hair and a beard came to the memorial one year, he was the "non-believing" husband of one of the sisters. When the bread was passed, he ate some. The jaws of those who saw him dropped down to the floor. When the wine came around he also drank! LOL. Either he was ignorant of the fact that he wasn't suppose to do that or he just did not care and did it because HE thought is was the right thing to do. Wow, we thought. Is this guy professing to be of the annointed???

• wednesday
    wednesday

I remember a guy coming in drunk at the memorial once. anyone else remember any funny stories from the memorial?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I remember when my ex mother in law went to the memorial one year people where talking to her, and one sister was persistant in talking to her, anyways i was trying to whisper to the sis that she was disfellowshiped. The sis thought i was whispering that she was deaf and tried talking to her louder, so loud the old bag got embarrased and started crying.

She really wasnt DF, in fact she didnt know what she was since she only went to the memorial. She just liked saying she was so we would feel sorry for her.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I recall a "study" coming to the memorial. She had taken communion when she went to church, and naturally attempted to partake, at the Memorial.
    The plate was snatched from her hand, by her study conductors, causing her to burst into tears.
    When I later repremanded tham, they excused her conduct because she was bi-polar (like that really means she's lost her brain cells ).

Who was to know that within a few years I'd be desiring to partake, myself - LOL.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    they excused her conduct because she was bi-polar (like that really means she's lost her brain cells ).

I HATE that! I had a friend who left the org, and her elder husband. He told everybody she was bi-polar and thats the reason she left!!!!!!!!

Sorry bttt.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Kids are the love of my life!

We just received our obligatory ELDER visit to invite us - this very morning at our door.

Anybody wanna be invited to a "most special event" a few hours ahead of time? How absurd.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I heard about an incident at a local congregation, where they had to refill the wine glass several times, because they had so many "annointed" ones, and they all sat in the front row. Each one would "bottoms up" the glass. That would have been funny to witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit