Contraband

by prophecor 14 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

I've always enjoyed the subtle, soothing sound of the wind chime, being in the organization however requires one to forsake such items because of their origin. It has been linked to the ancients as a means of keeping away evil spirits.

Upon leaving the Organization, one of the first things I picked up upon was a wind chime. I enjoy listening to its melodious tune when the wind blows in our back yard. So much is required to toe the line in the WTS, all the do's, todo's and don't do's, it can be overwhelming doing the "Safety Dance" and still feel you have some kinda' life.

Does not the wearing of a wedding ring also have its roots in Paganism and idolatry as well?

I decided to not attatch any overdue importance to many things we'd been taught, as well as to acquire a "fair and balanced view" of things we so often take for granted.

What forbidden fruits do you partake of since becoming more enlightened?

• avishai
    avishai
    Does not the wearing of a wedding ring also have its roots in Paganism and idolatry as well?

yes

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

WOW! To many to list, from christmas trees to cut off jeans

hydrocodone pills and hoochy swill

candles for the dead and blood bread

nose rings and herion stings

Holy Qurans and Book of Mormons

tatoo tears on my eyes and gallons of spanish fly

cursing out my mouth, running guns down South

steaming up on the horn, stealing from Eldery homes

smoking up nicks and sherm sticks!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    What forbidden fruits do you partake of since becoming more enlightened?

Too many to name.

Dating who I want to date, smoking what I want to smoke, learning what I choose to learn, and working where I want to work are some that come quickly to mind.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

prophecor;

Good question something I never really thought about and I was a JW for nearly 50 years! I don't remember having one while I was "in" but I do have some now and I bought one recently to give to my JW sister as a gift. Guess I'll have to rethink that gift!

I looked up some infomation from the Watchtower CD I have and this is what it said:

81 w 6/1 Questions from readers:

Would it be wrong for a Christian to use wind chimes in his or her home?

Many persons have used wind chimes to give a pleasant musical aspect to the home. When the wind blows, the glass, metal or wooden pieces hit against one another to produce the sound. However, it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one?s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah?s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.?1 Cor. 10:31-33.

However, if one?s motive in putting up a wind chime has nothing to do with false religion, superstition or demonism, and there is little possibility of others? getting the wrong impression regarding its use in the home, it is a simple matter for personal decision.

The part is red is JW double talk for don't do it! LOL

Kate

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

When I made my big break from the Org I went right out and bought myself a windchime to celebrate. It's a beautiful one all colored class that catches the light and makes a peaceful sound when the wind blows. I never had one because I was afraid some JW would see it and give me a lecture. Over the years I heard many lectures on these little sorts of things. Once when my daughter was little I made her a cute little dress with a bunny and some hearts on it. Some crabby sister came up and told me hearts were pagan and some didn't wear them because of it...I didn't give up my daughter's heart dress, but it hurt my feelings that this sister felt that way and would bring it up in such a manner. I guess I was supposed to think that I was "stumbling her" with the little bunnies and hearts--oh the stupidity of it all.

Love, hearts, peaceful tinkling windchime sounds and tranquil drifiting incense smells

cybs

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

"smoking what I want to smoke"

I wish. My company does random drug testing. I guess it wouldn't be cool for a member of the Human Resources department to come up positive, would it?

I enjoy exploring the paranormal w/o feeling guilty or feeling like demons are going to attack me!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    What forbidden fruits do you partake of since becoming more enlightened

No more guilt for being home on a Saturday morning.

2 door car

Saying bless you when people sneeze

wishing people happy birthday, merry christmas, etc

Rated R movies, and irreverent TV shows like South Park and Chappelle

Sex with dozens of women (LOL if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you)

• Carmel
    Carmel

owning a two door candy apple red convertible....and flipping off the Cong Serv when I passed him

carmel

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

sex drugs and rock 'n roll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit