If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm a wet spot on the ground...

by Elsewhere 53 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

EDINBURG, Texas - Former President George Bush says he's staying out of politics because he's ''the older guy now'' and it's time to give his sons a chance. One is president and another is governor of Florida.

''They shouldn't be worrying about what their dad said,'' he said. Bush said he goes to 10 political events a year.

''I had my chance. We got some things right, we messed up some things ... I just sit there and do what I vowed I would never do - talk back to the television,'' Bush told students at the University of Texas-Pan American.

He invited students to watch him take his last parachute jump at Texas A&M University on his 80th birthday in June.
    After regaling students with stories of war and peacetime jumps, he said, ''I would like to make a benign and nice parachute jump.''

He did this on his 75th birthday as well.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

ok.... now we can all collectively exhale.... ****huuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh *** thanks for reporting back.... I would hate to have been using up my Sunday searching for your blotch...(hehe) ... Can't wait to see the pix.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I know you'll love it Elsewhere!!

I did a tandem jump in Vegas from 15000 feet it was FANTASTIC!!!

The most scary and at the same time exhilarating experience of my life!

Good luck

Sirona

• Sirona
    Sirona

Oops just realised that you did it already. Doh

Anyway, you described it perfectly. I loved the falling - it was as though it wasn't this life but something "out there" and then finally the parachute opens...

WELL DONE elsewhere. It does take guts. I nearly, nearly backed out and I don't know why I eventually did it...

Love

Sirona

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow... I'm kinda jealous! One of these days I might have to try it!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Congratulations and welcome back

Lisa

Are the pictures ready yet?

Lisa

• family_man
    family_man

AIRBORNE. Glad you're back in one piece and enjoying the experience ...

It takes a lot to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I dropped off the roll of film at a one hour processing place, so the pics should be ready today! I also opted to have them put on CD so I won't have to go through the fuss of scanning them for posting... so I should have a BUNCH of pics ready to go tonight!

I also dropped off the VHS video to be converted to DVD, but they could not also convert it to AVI or MPEG. Is there anyone here who can convert a DVD to AVI or MPEG?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Looking forward to the pictures.

Sounds like it was exciting.

cj

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've got the pics ready!!! The girl in the white who "docks" with me is Sara... she's the one to blame for getting me interested in going skydiving to begin with.

Just Click Here to view the slideshow.

Note: You must have Java for the applet to work. If you need Java, just go to http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit