If you don't hear from me, it's because I'm a wet spot on the ground...

by Elsewhere 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

That?s right? I?m taking the leap, literally! On Saturday I?m going sky diving for the very first time!

I?m going with a group of about 30 people (we will be getting a group discount) and will be doing a Tandem Jump. Basically I will be attached to the instructor.

I?m real excited! I have wanted to try this for a long time, but I keep wondering if I will end up holding onto the airplane door like a cat that?s about to get a bath! I?m also wondering what the sensation will be to fall like that. I?m told that it is not like the ?stomach in throat? sensation of a rollercoaster. I sure hope not! I don?t think I could handle that for 60 - 70 seconds of freefall. I?m also wondering what it will be like to breath with the wind passing by so quickly.

So far the weather looks like it will be favorable. I also plan on paying a bit extra to have my experience video taped and photographed. Maybe we can have a showing at the next gathering here in Dallas: Elsewhere Shts His Pants? or perhaps? Elsewhere Finds Out if there Really is an Afterlife!

• sandy
    sandy

OMG!!! (The G is for Goodness)

I am so excited for you. My heart is pumping faster after reading your post.

Have FUN!!! I wish I had the nerve. These days its harder and harder to get on a roller coaster.

Elsewhere Finds Out if there Really is an Afterlife!

If you happen to find out, put in a good word for me.

LOL, I am positive you are going to love it!!!! ( not the afterlife )

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I’m going with a group of about 30 people (we will be getting a group discount) and will be doing a Tandem Jump. Basically I will be attached to the instructor.

Heres hoping you get an attractive female instructor.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

You Go Alfalfa!

• franklin J
    franklin J

YOU ARE CRAZY .... BRAVE BUT CRAZY

Actually, I am kind of envious as I always wanted to try to sky dive. When I turned 30 years old, I realized my own mortality and the thought of jumping out of a plane at 6000 feet just does not appeal anymore....

good luck and have fun.... I hear it is a real rush

Frank

• Quotes
    Quotes

Very cool. Someone I know did this a few years ago, and paid extra for the video tape option.

It was quite a bit more, but well worth it; something to show your grandkids.

Have fun!

• Princess
    Princess

That is so cool Elsewhere. I'm not the least bit envious but I hope you have the thrill of a lifetime!

Good luck!

Rachel

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Isn't that considered an EXTREME SPORT/ACTIVITY????????

Have a blast!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

WOW! That's something that takes a lot of guts and I would never do it.

Very cool

Devon

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh wow! Check out all the apostababes!

So that's how ya get their attention... all I have to do is jump out of an airplane at 6000 feet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit