Are JWs Are A "Free" People As They Claim???

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

How are we not free?

drnewson

Good question.

As someone said, can you post your name here and show that an active JW is posting to an 'apostate' site?

I bet without even knowing a thing about you where you'll be this Sunday at sunset, now tell me where I'll be

Sell your four door car and get a two door?

Show up to give your next talk on the Ministry School in tennis shoes and jeans?

The next time someone offers to exchange your literature for theirs and read it, can you do this?

I could go on....

• minimus
    minimus

Good one Winston!

• desib77
    desib77

When I was growing up I was a faithful young JW. I followed all of the rules and I must say that it did keep me out of a lot of trouble....so in some ways I was free from problems that other "worldly" teens had.... but ....... free of those problems from being sheltered wasn't real freedom. I wasn't free to be a young person. I wasn't free to have boyfriends, date, celebrate the holidays, go to school dances, experience the hardships that come with growing up...........................

How is that freedom?

Desi

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

JWs claim that they are free from the hardships that comes from not following bible principles, but...I never saw that in my 20 years of being a JW. Seems like divorce was as common as it was inside as outside the congo. There were teenage pregnancys, drug abuse ( mosty prescription addictions) alcoholism, child molesting, wife beating, dysfunctional families, mental illness....and on and on. The only difference is that they are under the delusion that they are the most morally decent and loving people in the world. And most of them shower regularly and wear dress up clothes and do the whole rest of the JW ritual that gives them the appearance of having it all together..The hypocricy of this group is rampant...

• sandy
    sandy
    If you could reason with a Witness as to whether or not they are truly "free'', what would you say to help them see the light?

I wouldn't say anything. I'd chain them to a chair and make them watch The Truman Show staring Jim Carey.

I know, I know, it will fly right over their dub heads.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

That's the real problem, not being able to say what one really believes from reading the Bible, if it disagrees even a little bit from "official" teaching.

Having to believe even speculation to be truth, without deviation. "Accepting the entire range of WT teachings," even the speculations based on faulty logic and missing evidence.

We're not free to do anything except as Brooklyn dictates, unless we wish to be smeared as malcontents, murmurers, "independent thinkers," slackers, spiritually weak, low-hour publishers, unappreciative, etc., etc.

Really, the organization just makes hypocrites of those who really want to serve God, but haven't found any better place to go.

• heathen
    heathen

Just ask one if they would go to a metalica concert with ya . They aren't even free to not wear a tie at the meetings . There certainly isn't anyting free about the religion , in the end they will take everything they can get their hands on , your time money and property . and even your mind.

• blondie
    blondie

At the last circuit assembly I attended, the CO used an illustration about a young elephant and how they tie him/her to a stake in the ground. The elephant is too small to pull up the stake and so is confined by the length of the rope attached to the stake. As it grows up, it doesn't realize that it is now strong enough to pull up the stake and get free.

He made the comparison to those in the audience, they are that elephant who is tricked into thinking it can't go any farther than the end of the rope.

I say, wake up and pull up that stake and you will really be free. The real truth will set you free.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

JWs ARE the elephant and yet they don't know it! Freedom is right in front of them yet they can't see it!

• minimus
    minimus

Freedom is vastly overrated according to JWs! "We are the ONLY people that know what true freedom is!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit