The good in Jehovah's Witnesses.

by ScoobySnax 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

If you are thinking of going back I want you to think about what your life is really going to be like.

I have a friend who recently left the JW?s for the 3 rd time because he is gay and could not live a straight life. He wanted to be like everyone else and settle down with someone ? but as a JW that someone would have to be female. He has tried so many times to fight against what he is and has tried to be straight but just could not live the lie! Also what about the poor person he could have married ? to find out your husband was really gay would be devastating. I feel just as strongly if it were finding out your wife was gay. It is all about living a lie.

I remember asking the elders about this subject and they said that Jehovah would help the person not be gay anymore if the prayed hard enough. How cruel is that?

I agree that there are many nice people within the JW?s but they will not risk going against the elders etc for fear of them being shunned. As I mentioned on another thread, I was very much discouraged from associating with some of the people in my congregation who were not deemed spiritual enough. The class system is still very much in operation within the network.

I felt when I was an active JW that I had a great life ? friends up and down the country that I could visit, a good network of support or so I thought. I was a regular pioneer when I began to wonder what I was doing with my life. Not one of these so-called friends called when I was disfellowshiped to ask if they could help me back! There is something very wrong when there are as many people leaving, as there are becoming JW?s.

• Flash
    Flash
    The easiest route I ever took was to just become inactive and move away, call it weakness on my part or whatever.

For me it is SELF PRESERVATION...To protect my sanity and my God given right to BE MYSELF. To be happy being me! The selflessness that the WTBTS demands is not what Jehovah is asking!

I do know that however, there were so many many good people in my congregation, and other congregations that were always there, and called on me to offer assistance.

Yes there are good people there, confused too as we all once were. They'll welcome you back but only on their terms!

...but a good support network back at the Kingdom Hall that you can call upon. friends that have never really forgotten you as you imagine they have, but those who would be so happy to see you again.

Happy to see us again??? ONLY if we conform without question to the GB and whatever their popular view of the day is!

I worship Jehovah and I'm happier AWAY from His people...They need major deprogramming!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit