The good in Jehovah's Witnesses.

by ScoobySnax 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I don't think I've made any apology for my leanings here towards JWs, whilst I don't imagine most here will agree with me, I just think its good sometimes to redress the balance on this forum in a small way to let people who might be reading/lurking/ know that.

Despite feeling messed up a bit in my own head about which direction I want/have to take in my own life, and despite many struggles as deep and traumatic as many have experienced here, I still hold JWs as a group in the highest esteem. I can remember what it was like to try and do the "right" thing and follow the way of the Truth, it was bloody hard, and I fell down many times. I always used to try and pick myself up dust myself down and start over again, sometimes with success for longer periods than others. The easiest route I ever took was to just become inactive and move away, call it weakness on my part or whatever. I do know that however, there were so many many good people in my congregation, and other congregations that were always there, and called on me to offer assistance, Occasionally I'd take that help, but on most occasions I didn't. I only have myself to answer to, Call it laziness or whatever.

I just want some to understand that although there are many genuine stories of sadness here that I know are written from very real circumstances that were unfair and misjudged, there are many inactive Witnesses as well that need to know that despite the hurt you may feel and isolation, there is not only a support network here that you can unload too, but a good support network back at the Kingdom Hall that you can call upon. friends that have never really forgotten you as you imagine they have, but those who would be so happy to see you again.

Its about options.

Best Wishes in whatever route you take.

I see my time limited here, (theres only so many times you can thrash a dead horse!) and want to say thankyou to some well decent people I've come across here. You know who you are.

Scoob....I'm not done quite yet......

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Scoob,

Its about options.

Think about it. If that were true this Board may not have come into existence. It is as a result of many *not* being given fair options that these Board are filled with stories of emotionally misery.

Best regards - HS

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

...ott???? Stop stuttering HS!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    ...ott???? Stop stuttering HS!

HS

• heathen
    heathen

Well if you want to go back to having a closed mind and dealing with judgemental hypocrites I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms until one day you slip and say something that you may have seen on this site , then you will find yourself being shunned over some ridiculous flaw in WTBTS logic . Don't envy you one bit .

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

There is one kind of good in the JW's.

NO GOOD!

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

I think I acknowledged that point in my post HS.

Thats the point I was making, MANY here will disagree, but there are people that maybe lurk and read who will understand that it wasn't always a blanket misery as the handful who post here have had the misfortune to experience. There are so many more Tens of more that don't post here that have dropped out like me, that didn't have this misfortune or experiencing what some have here.

It was those I was addressing this post.

Scoob

• willyloman
    willyloman
    There are so many more Tens of more that don't post here ... It was those I was addressing this post.

They're not here, but you're addressing them anyway?

Isn't that a lot like those service meeting parts we used to have, you know, the ones in which slackers were castigated for missing meetings? The brother would deliver a knockout punch to those who forsook the gathering of themselves together, but his audience was limited to those who always came. The intended scoldees were never there to hear it!

All it did was irritate the regular attenders. You do remember this, right?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    There are so many more Tens of more that don't post here that have dropped out like me, that didn't have this misfortune or experiencing what some have here.

Well to be fair, Scooby, you didn't "drop out" really, you "never joined", right? Unless I've missed something, you were never baptised? That (baptism vs no baptism) of course makes all the difference in the world. Witnesses generally treat people in your situation very nicely, provided you come across as someone who believes-but-just-can't-commit, which is exactly how you come across on this discussion board.

The non-committed types are non-threatening to the witness foundation, even in a way a confirmation of what a great sacrifice the witness is making by committing and living more or less by the rules.

But I have news for you, it's not that hard to live up to things you know in your heart & mind to be good and right.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Not quite Willy.....

Let me explain.

I would say that JWD is probably the most succesful exJW forum on the net, wasn't it up to a million posts or something not so long ago? maybe you can clarify that for me.. Anyhow, regardless, despite the high numbers of posts made here, I would guess that it is maybe the same, lets say 50 or maybe 100 (being generous) that consistantly post here regularly, week in week out (count me in too) and some more than others!!!! What happened to all the others that used to post here? Where'd they vanish to? 100 regular posters out of 6 and half million JWs / 16 million + memorial attenders (intersted ones) isn't really much to get excited about. What happened to them? I see maybe in my 2 years here a maximum of 1 or 2 new ones join a week in posting. Its not a good ratio. So no its not really addressed to those who missed the Service meeting. Its to those who have left this forum or maybe lurk in the hundreds, maybe thousands (who knows)

Do you get me?

Scoob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit