Pharmacy Refuses To Fill Birth Contol Pills-Do They Have That Right?

by wednesday 53 Replies latest watchtower medical

• wednesday
  • Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I gotta side with Little Witch on this one.

Why does your personal medical belief override my personal religious freedom?

When you took the job as a pharmacist. The person buying the pills is the one who wants to commit abortion. It's not like he or she is forcing you to do the same. When you take a job, you have duties to fulfill; it's that simple.

• Estella Bolger
    Estella Bolger

Not everyone who takes birth control is taking it because they are sexually active. I take it because my periods got so out of control for over a year. My doctor put me on them for a reason. For a pharmasist to refuse to fill the perscription is just plain dumb. He could be sued for discriminating again her. And could be fired of course.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

It does not matter what your personal beliefs are...if you are a professional like a pharmasist or you are a customer service type person you cannot refuse to help your customer because of religious or personal differences. That is discriminatory and there is no cap on the limit the customer could claim in a lawsuit. NO LIMIT to the collection of damages!

If this were the case then I could work at McDonalds and refuse to sell hamburgers because they go against my belief that they are bad for you. Or if you were a vegetarian or an animal rights activist you could refuse to sell them because of your personal feelings about meet. Sorry, don't think so.

You could work in a convenience store and refuse to sell gas and cigarettes because you know cigs are bad for you and gas is bad for the environment. If you disapprove of certain medical treatments or medications then get the hell out of the field because it will be your time to deal with those matters that you don;t approve of and you WILL have to provide your service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit