Anyone interested in cyber sex?

by RubyTuesday 43 Replies latest social relationships

• Valis
    Valis

GentlyFeral

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Gita -

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. So that's cyber sex. Ummmm .... thank you ..... I think.

growedup of the "sorry I asked" class

• SadElder
    SadElder

Didn't you know that you can be disfellowshipped for phone or cyber sex??

• Robby
    Robby

It is always improtant to remember what Jesus said, Matthew 5:28 - But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Cyber Sex is the same type of thing, when we look lustfully we consider: the appearence, (sight, sounds, feelings) and want it; with Cyber Sex we do the same - look, feel, or hear, and are secretly enticed. When we do this you we are infact committing the act in our heart - meaning given the opportunity to actually commit the act we would.

Colossians 3: 4 says: 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. 5 Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

Colossians tells us to put to death (get rid of) fornication (which is sex before marriage), impurity, passion (the desires arroused by sexual exitement)

Cyber Sex encourages impurity, arousses passion, and promotes fornication, and should not be a part of ours - we should rather be filled with the life of Christ (his divine life which flows through us).

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I'm going to throw a proverbial monkey wrench into the works here:

What if a person is engaging in cyber sex posing as someone else? Is it still cheating? Here are a couple of examples:

I have a dear friend out in California who earns her income working for one of those phone-sex lines. She is a sweet girl with a delightful personality, and a soft, voluptuous voice. However, she is handicapped, quite obese, and (I hope she forgives me for saying this) homely. She has no intention of ever meeting any of the men who call her, even though she has several "regulars" who have been calling for years. It is her only means of income, and she makes a fortune. She bought a house last year -- something she could have never done on public assistance, since she cannot otherwise work. She is in a long-term relationship. She considers herself a performer, an actress. She and her boyfriend are in agreement that she is not cheating.

Another example is a man in his mid-fifties I know in Canada, who poses as a 23 year old bodybuilder. He believes that most of the people he has cyber sex are not representing themselves truthfully either, but rather are play-acting fantasies. If any of his cyber-partners ask for his photo, he provides pictures of himself from thirty years ago! Again, he has no intention of meeting any of these people face-to-face. He believes that most of his cyber partners would not ask for a face-to-face meeting, either, simply because they are not in reality who they say they are. Is this cheating? I don't know.

The only people I would pass judgement on would be those who deliberately misrepresent themselves with intentions of having a face-to-face meeting with their cyber partners in an effort to tantalize them into a sexual encounter. I know several people this has happened to, including a couple who travelled very long distances to meet someone who turned out to be an utter fraud.

• Sassy
    Sassy

If you get off.. or someone else gets off.. YES it is sex.. just a different kind..

if you are in a relationship with someone.. yes in a way if you do that with someone (else) you are cheating..

earthshattering cheating? NO..

but you do risk hurting your relationship....

I mean.. what woman wants to come home and find a phone number.. or email address.. and find out that this woman behind the screen name or phone number has been talking to your man.. and he's been jacking off to her??

by the same token.. what man who does that... even though he thinks it ISN'T real.. it is a virutual world.. so it doesn't count..

wouldn't be pissed to find out that his woman did likewise and cybered with another man? or phone sex?

but the flip of the coin is a different story isn't it?

• boa
    boa

If you're a Christian, and since cyber sex isn't specifically mentioned in the Bible nor is masterbation, then it seems to me to come down to your understanding of related Bible principles which should guide your conscience. Of course the org would make rules on this, likely dead set against it - hell, they don't even really want you on the internet!

Since I can't truly say I'm a Christian (don't know what i am yet), then to me it would be all about honesty and fidelity with my wife. Thus, if I'm doing something in secret of this nature, I would agree with some of the others that this would be wrong because it would show a lack of respect and knowledge for my life partner.

Still, where is the line drawn between flirting, getting hot, and getting off as being out and out wrong?

Thats a tuff one cuz i like the first one and the wife knows me, soooooo, any ladies want to cyber-flirt???

boa

i've been called naughty...if they only knew how much...snick snick

• Robby
    Robby

1. Men are by virtue of their own nature (seperate from God) not able to live in a way pleasing to him (i.e. all flirting with any other person other than your wife is wrong). Ephesians 2:3 - Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. Romans 3:20 - Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3. When Christ died he enabled a way for us to come into fellowship with him, and delt with our desire to sin (and gives us a desire to love our wives only ) by giving us the gift of the Holy Spirit (A fruit of the Spirit is Faithfulness): that those who live in the Spirit will not gratify (give into) the deeds of the body: that one who follows after the Spirit departs from any form of sin.

Romans 8:5 - For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Romans 8:8 - So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 8:9 - But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Because God is Holy and can not stand sin, a sacrifice was needed to take it away (by means of a new desire for Holiness via the Holy Spirit), and provide a way for it to be covered if it occured, so a relationship of Holiness could be maintained (So the Holy Spirit is not forced to leave if sin occured).

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Ha ha ha! Are you serious, Robby? Or are you writing some of the best parody ever?

I nearly bepissed myself right in the coffee shop when I read the fake cybersex transcripts - wow, the rhino was hysterical!

CZAR

• logical
    logical

well isnt the whole point of most relationships to forsake all others? cyber sex is hardly doing just that is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit