No sex or marriage for Great Crowd

by cherjcd 27 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

In this organization, they avoid real surveys or studies when confronting their problems. Thus, they usually rely on

whatever opinions are held by those in control. This , in part, is why the organization doesn't improve - because honest

viewpoints aren't heard - or are quickly dismissed.

If you doubt this, think back to any meeting you ever had with a C.O. or D.O. - that discussed some problem. Likely,

a few sycophants offered some opinion and every one else "got on board". so it goes....

They may have thought that this doctrine was simply encouraging bad, "too-soon" marriages and was a burden anyway

so they chose to de-emphasize it. Originally, some Writing Staff types reasoned that they couldn't see how vast numbers

of resurrected folks could be forbidden to marry and still have the privilege exist for great crowd members. So, they deliberately

excised all reference to it ( at the time) in a cheap tract called "Life in God's New Order". They re-wrote the future marriage

paragraph without telling anybody. I still have copies of this tract, so I know for certain.

metatron

metatron

• shera
    shera

Was this always taught?I donot remember this as a teaching.I left the JW's around 93/94 and I recall sisters saying she is going to have children in the "new system".Or was I just missing something? LOL

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Perhaps the human species will at some point stop re-producing and there will be no need or desire for sexual intimacy.

Passion drives human beings, and sexual passion is very powerful. We feel we must have this in our lives or there is something wrong, or something missing. For many people, this is simply not so. Even now, as we age, we undergo changes in our hormone levels, and although we love our mates or companions deeply and in a committed relationship, the need for sexual intimacy deminishes.

Many things are more important than sex. In fact, when one is celibat, it is far less difficult to begin the journey of the soul. For most of us, our lives become so tied up in mating, and procreating, that we wait a long time to begin asking ourselves the more serious questions we have kept at bay. Perhaps this is why Jesus told his followers that it would be easier to live without a marriage partner.

Just some thoughts...

/<

• cyber-sista
  • cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Remember the other old scripture that was brought out about "let those who have wives live as if they have none? Anyway, it went something like that and would be brought out to impress the point on us that if you are married your main focus should not be on you marriage or family, but on serving the Org...Sounds like a great recipe for a marriage disaster to me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    In fact, when one is celibat, it is far less difficult to begin the journey of the soul. For most of us, our lives become so tied up in mating, and procreating, that we wait a long time to begin asking ourselves the more serious questions we have kept at bay.

This could be true for some folks as you say. I do think the whole Western world is obsessed to its detriment with sex; but I don't think having a good healthy sex drive makes you not have time or energy to ask the deeper questions of life and try to solve them. I enjoy both.

If you and your mate find your libido is ebbing and it's okay with you both, then of course there are plenty of things to keep you occupied and satisfied beyond sex. I don't think having a good sex drive and very active sex life will keep you from enjoying all these other things. The point is to keep it all balanced.

I think one thing that is different about humans and animals is that animals mate to procreate. For us lucky humans we mate to express deep love and appreciation for each other as well as to procreate. This is why I don't believe God would have necessarily done away with sexual relations between human beings when the earth became filled to it's capacity. Women go through menapause and no longer can conceive children. Maybe this would be God's way of limiting Earth's population. Not all women who go through menapause lose their desire for sex.

Flyin'

• Mary
    Mary

I pointed out during a Bookstudy once that this scripture where Jesus says "in the resurrection, neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage but they are like the angels...", is more than likely referring to the First Resurrection (this is when I was a good practicing Dub and believed the two-tiered resurrection). The reason being is that if men and women were resurrected physically on earth, then they certainly wouldn't "be like the angels" as angels are spirit creatures, we are flesh and blood. I suggested that this was probably referring to those who have the "Heavenly Hope", because, as spirit creatures, they would "be like the angels" and there would be no marriage or sex in heaven.

Surprisingly, this elder thought I had made a very good point.

• metatron
    metatron

Actually, the Watchtower , in past Questions From Readers, discussed the very (logical)

points you made - and denied them all!

They reasoned that since the angels aren't actually immortal like the 144,000 ( the

Devil gets destroyed), that this applied to earthly folks in particular, who merely have

eternal life!

all nonsense, of course

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit