No sex or marriage for Great Crowd

by cherjcd 27 Replies latest jw friends

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Hello folks,

The Watchtower has promised a special group of people that they will have sex, marriage and children in the new earth. No resurrected person will have these privileges because you have to live through Armageddon to get the privilege to procreate. Unfortunately the Watchtower hasn't told the truth and there will be no sex for many Jehovah's Witnesses that were expecting otherwise. I have written an article on the broken promises made to the Great Crowd by the Watchtower leadership. http://jwinfoline.com/Documents/prophecy/broken_promises.htm

Use the quotes from the article on the next JW that comes to your door and let them explain the latest WT broken promises.

Cheryl

• Sabine
    Sabine

We believe if you have the right Jesus Christ, you are right for all eternity. But if you have the wrong Jesus Christ then you are wrong for all eternity.

Cheryl,

I am quoting this from your introduction page on your site....sorry, but I can't agree with a statement condemning people for all eternity.... been there, done that and I know personally what damage can be done to someone when they feel far removed from God (read my bio).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Does this mean that I won't be getting 72 virgins???

• Scully
    Scully

No marriage or sex for people who are resurrected....

Even when I was a JW, I thought that was terribly unfair. Besides, if you can't enjoy an intimate relationship with another person ever again for all eternity, being resurrected would seem like more of a punishment than a blessing. Just my lil ol' opinion, of course. I could be wrong.

Love, Scully

• reganashe
    reganashe

maybe I was too little to remember this or maybe I refused to hear this, but this news to me. So this great hope of living forever that my parents have and they won't even get to have sex if they die before the end. THAT SUCKS

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Wow, Your "right" Jesus Christ sounds pretty harsh.

Some of the other stuff about broken promises sounded like good info, but I will fact check it, especially after seeing the "wrong for all eternity" stuff. That was actually threatening. You know, you really are wasting your time trying to threaten ex-JWs, who have stood up to stupid threats before, and won't like to see it from others on this board.

• cherjcd
    cherjcd

Hi,

Trustworthiness is the issue here and the Watchtower has proved themselves over and over again they can't get it right no matter how often they claim "flashes of light" from heaven have informed them of new truth. Their teachings inspire people to follow them because it just sounds so good, but time is always the enemy of a false prophet. As the generation of 1935 die off and their hope of living forever on paradise earth in a fully human body that will function normally and intimately with others is lost, people must be told the truth. You can't help but have pity for a poor 70 year old Jehovah's Witness pioneer who has given up children until her time on the new earth and then sees her husband die before her eyes. Who in the kingdom hall is she going to marry and have sex with in the new world? It certainly won't be her resurrected husband and for many women that's a pretty dismal prospect if they really look around at who is available.

Perhaps for some, broken promises seem to not be such a big deal, like trying to cash a one million dollar bill at k-mart and expecting change. But for others understanding the great love of God and what he has done through Jesus (anyone seen The Passion of the Christ?) allows one to see that the stakes are much greater. The false promises and false messiah in the Watchtower can be compared to putting on a parachute and jumping out of a plane that has lost power and is going to crash. If the parachute isn't reliable and the straps on your shoulders are attached to an empty shell, it matters a great deal. It is a loving thing to tell the truth. No organization is the truth and the Watchtower has lied to everyone that they are the truth. Jesus was the most loving person on this earth and he did all that he could for us. The Watchtower has replaced him with a mere replica and they are telling people to put their trust in the Watchtower as they jump out of the plane.

Is the Watchtower trustworthy? Not a chance!

Cheryl

• El blanko
    El blanko

A "Witness" friend of mine told me upon questioning over similar issues that God would ultimately fulfill the desire of every faithful man and woman who enter the new world society, so presumably that means that he will have a wife and children (his deep heartfelt desire - he is currently single). He is quite old and possibly may not see the end of the system (so he tells me) ... so does that mean his desire will now go unfulfilled?

A deeply subjective area of debate amongst rank and file JWs and certainly not set in stone as some may think.

Conjecture - so why even bother debating this area of thought ?

• cherjcd
    cherjcd
    A deeply subjective area of debate amongst rank and file JWs and certainly not set in stone as some may think.

Conjecture - so why even bother debating this area of thought ?

It certainly is not a subjective area of debate with the Watchtower. They have made it very clear that everyone who dies before Armageddon and is resurrected on the new earth will be like the angels in that they will not be able to be married or have children. If a JW has a different viewpoint, he is going against the teaching of the Watchtower.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    So this great hope of living forever that my parents have and they won't even get to have sex if they die before the end. THAT SUCKS

My parents haven't had sex in years, so this is no big deal to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit