DATING OLDER MEN/WOMEN

by sandy 48 Replies latest social relationships

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I dated a woman who was 1 year older, age 24, divorced twice, and completely messed up in the head. However, that doesn't mean I have a problem dating older women! I've had many opportunities to date older women, but they just didn't appeal to me. Age is just a number, unless they're under age.

Marriage never even appealed to me until the past couple of years

<tick><tick><tick><tick><tick><tick>

• Maverick
    Maverick

For what it's worth I am ten years older than my ex. Since my divorce, the youngest woman I have dated was 28, (I was 45) and the oldest was 61. The 28 year old was a real pain, the 61 year old, ( who looked and acted 15 years younger), was a better lover and harder worker and just a great person. We are still good friends. I tend to attract women in their early 30's to late 40's. But I am cool with them all! Deal with today, life offers no guarantees, the guy may outlast you! Maverick

• Descender
    Descender

When I was a witness, one of my kinda-friends, who was 18 years old at the time married a widowed witness woman that was 60+ years old. She had kids that were in their late 30's and grandkids that were almost teens. But she was rich and her new boy toy husband had a new Mazda RX-7 one week and the next week he was driving a classic corvette.

Since then, I've seen him around a few times and he looks miserable. Last time I saw him, I think he was about 25 years old and he'd gained about 100 pounds and didn't look a day under 40.

I'm not saying that a truly loving relationship won't work out because of age. I'd love to have a truly loving relationship, but I think the above example was probably not a very loving relationship, at least not for both parties involved. :)

• shotgun
    shotgun

Sandy if your happy then that's all that counts...and if you wear out that poor old fella pick me next!

• sandy
    sandy
    Sandy if your happy then that's all that counts...and if you wear out that poor old fella pick me next!

LOL, I'll keep you in mind.

Descender, I assure you that I am not interested in this guy's money. But if he had money I would be. LOL

• Roski
    Roski

Haven't posted for a long time, but will reply to this...

My husband is 18 years younger than myself and from a different ethnic background. We have been together for 10 years. It was the marriage that would never work. I have kids but 'we' don't, although he comes from an asian culture than sees kids as a necessity. He told me that before we married he wanted to break it off - due to intense family pressure- but he couldn't control himself - he wanted to marry. Some of his friends, and family have experienced divorce and marriage problems, but we are fine. I once told him after a lot of family pressure that he could go if he wished, as I would not like to keep someone under force. He said "you are the best thing that has ever happened to me, how can I live without you....when you get old we will jump off a building together..." So there you go.....and..he is very good looking (as I am told constantly by females of either ethnic group). Maybe I was just lucky....

• English Patient
    English Patient

It's not for me.

• franklin J
    franklin J

I like older women; there is something alluring to me about " life experience"

....I like pretty young things too, but the difference is comparable to a spanking new piece of construction, vs an existing carefully crafted piece of architecture. I am sure women have the same sentiments towards men.

• Lyd
    Lyd

I just ended a relationship with an older woman....I am 22 and I have been together with a 35 year old woman for two years....I always like the older ones..man or woman.... Who cares about age....

• beebee
    beebee

I think that a lot of factors enter into whether a relationship works or not, but other people's opinions shouldn't. Certainly darn near everyone has an idea of how to pick the perfect partner, and yet with a higher than 50% divorce rate, and even more that stay married and are miserable, that we have yet to find a formula that works. Even when you start out blissful, people change over a lifetime and compatibility may not remain. I'm not trying to be negative, what I am saying is that if you are both happy with the situation, than you should enjoy each other for as long as that lasts. If that is a lifetime, by all means... But walking away from someone you do enjoy just because others may not approve, that would be very sad indeed. ps..they have drugs now for ED..could be how Tony Curtis fathered at 70. I will say though that women tend to want far more sex at 40 than most men 40 or older, but I think any couple that has a will, can find a way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit