If An "Anointed" Is An Alcoholic, How Could He Partake Of The Emblems?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

what do you think?

• Valis
    Valis

in a shot glass?

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

In other churches he would get some grape juice and wouldn't need to drink alcohol.

• Dansk
    Dansk

They're all drunk on their self-righteousness anyway. A tipple of the wine isn't going to make any difference!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Alcoholics don't become one of the annointed?

Englishman.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

You could tell if the anointed one was an alcoholic, because when at the memorial the wine was passed to him, he'd drain the glass and then hold it out for more.

• kls
    kls

When i was first baptized my husband and i were invited many times to a home of a so called. annointed. Every time we were there he was drunk and i mean drunk. He loved his wine and kept saying that it was in the bible to consume wine. Living with a drunk for a mother i said enough and never went back.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Alcoholics get the same treatment as other addicts in the organization: They are told to get over it, rely on Jehovah, and "do more" and wait for perfection in the new order. They are discouraged from getting proven help from "worldly" organizations such as AA. So, yes, he'd partake, because that's a bible command and we all know bible commands supercede the law, societal norms, and personal problems.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

With pleasure, I guess...

Strange Jesus didn't think of that... or was he an alcoholic too?

• sandy
    sandy

LOL, that is a funny question.

I like Englishman's answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit