If An "Anointed" Is An Alcoholic, How Could He Partake Of The Emblems?

by minimus 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

...hey why was my post all skewed with something from somewhere else????????????

/<

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I remember a Watchtower or Awake life story article where this subject came up. It said that the anointed alcoholic brother in the story would be monitored at home by his friends the rest of the evening to make sure he did not fall back into his drinking habit.

Its very naive though to think that one night of observation by the brothers would be enough to combat the breaking of his habit after that first drink.

Sabrina

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

rinse&spit?

• minimus
    minimus

Sabrina, can you reference this? I've never heard of that one.

• heathen
    heathen

The only bad drunk is a mean drunk . Practicing self control is part of the program . I also think as long as people convince themselves that they can't control themselves then they won't be able too . You have to be able to approve yourself after scrutiny before hand , noone else can do that for you . If you cannot approve yourself then don't participate . That simple . many are called few are chosen , in the words of jesus .

• Mary
    Mary
    Englishman said: Alcoholics don't become one of the annointed?

Of course they do silly. 'Member Judge Booze Rutherford?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

All of the alcoholics in our congregation just watched the wine and bread go by...

• xjw_b12
  • topanga
    topanga

some of them are fornicators and adulterors or worse being a drunk won't hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit