How do they know?

by desib77 35 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

those of u from the Dallas area, did any of u ever know the Spencers? she professed to be of the annointed and as far as i know stayed that way. She had a son, Timothy, who would probaly be in middle to late 40 by now. He was very handsome. He worked as a DJ in this area. Left he "Truth" and as far as i know, never came back. Anyone growing up in this area, sixof nine, ? do u know these people? BT, Nina, Valis, anyone.

• gumby
    gumby

Gentlyferel,

When I heard the JW version of "the meek shall inherit the earth" at age 17, it sounded more sensible and more attractive. I've always had "the earthly hope", even long before I was a JW.

Whether a person believes they will live in heaven or on earth is "normally" because of religious influence that has shaped their ideas. Had you been raised a baptist with no talk of living forever on a paradise earth.....but rather a glorious happy blissfull life with the lord in heaven....perhaps you would think different. You said it made more sense to live on the earth. It made more sense because of the way the presentation was canned.

How a person who only read the bible with no religious influence could come up with the idea that those who believe in jesus will live forever on the earth is beyond me.

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbible...

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumbible...

OK ya bastard.........I'll get ya when you ain't lookin! besides............who's supposta feed the apostates? I have been commisioned! Gumby

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Isn't so funny that we could look back and wonder what the hell we were thinking to believe in something so stupid and mystical as the 144,000? And that we actually had fear to wonder a loud if someone who claimed to be anointed was anointed or not. It's like the perfect scam. I could go into a Hall and say I'm anointed and be worshipped bya bunch of stupid gullible people.

I remember once Gangas from the GB came to my congo to give a talk and he stayed for the watchtower study and my he sat next to my Mother. When we were at home that night my Mother commented that he had a little bit of a stink on him, and my Father got so upset.

HEAVEN FORBID A GB MEMBER HAS BO! In fact Gangas is looking down on me now upset for me typing this post up.

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

My mother thinks she is one of the anointed. I always thought it was weird. Her explaination was "she knew" but my Dad wasn't a witness and our home life was awful. Maybe she did it to feel special. As a matter of fact, we had quite a few people in our hall that partook, maybe they were a little thirsty and needed a snack....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit