Will Children Really Be Partaking of the Wine?

by Corvin 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

I found this memorial invite in the March 8, 2002 AWAKE! Comments anyone?

The picture shows a little girl holding the wine. The write up says only, "drink out of it, all of you . . . " This gives the impression, perhaps, that the littel girl is about to partake of the wine.

What the hell?

Corvin

• FMZ
    FMZ

Not only are they rapists, liars, and power-hungry old fogey's, they also serve alcohol to minors. Then again, these may all be related, they are probably lying about the reason we are to drink the wine, so the kid will get drunk, and they can rape her and get their power-high. Bastards.

FMZ

• blondie
    blondie

It is deceptive, intentionally or stupidly is hard to say.

The WTS is so focused inward, they might not see how it implies that children partake because they see it as a given that children would not (the actual WTS belief is that only 8,000 out of 6,000,000 partake).

or

The WTS wants non-JWs to come and is deliberately giving them the impression that it is just llike in their church. My husband, raised Lutheran, said that only young people who are "confirmed" partake of the wine and the bread.

Blondie

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Not only are they rapists, liars, and power-hungry old fogey's, they also serve alcohol to minors. Then again, these may all be related, they are probably lying about the reason we are to drink the wine, so the kid will get drunk, and they can rape her and get their power-high. Bastards.

FMZ

OK, the anger is good, but do something about your acne, FMZ. (JK)

Best Regards,

Corvin

• Corvin
    Corvin
    The WTS wants non-JWs to come and is deliberately giving them the impression that it is just llike in their church. My husband, raised Lutheran, said that only young people who are "confirmed" partake of the wine and the bread.

I am inclined to believe that possibility, Blondie.

Corvin

• Dansk
    Dansk

Of course the girl in the picture will take the wine - but in about another 20 years when Watchtower brings in yet more "new light" such as: "More of the anointed found - message from heaven!"

Ian

• FMZ
    FMZ
    OK, the anger is good, but do something about your acne, FMZ. (JK)

I can take a good joke but I don't get it....

Zitty Futher Mucker

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Will the girl partake? Not unless she's "annointed." However, I gotta side with the Society on one issue...the religious act of partaking...regardless of the age...really isn't a problem. In the Catholic Church 7 year olds partake. In the Orthodox Church...babies are given wine when they are baptized. For the Jews...wine is common amongst children old enough to hold a cup. The US has too many issues about alcohol.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I remember feeling hurt as a little girl if I was not allowed to touch wineglass as it was being passed around, LoL...

The picture definitely gives a false impression....hmmm....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Stop wining -- it's "Jesus Juice."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit