HOW EXACTLY does god communicate with or direct the GB?

by stuckinarut2 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

1918-19

1939-45

The great tribulation is so close now , so close ,however in the meantime we need to complete our new H.Q.by 2016 ,  and 20 000 new K.H.`s have to be built just in the US to accommodate the great crowd that is going to come in while we Jehovah Witnesses meet in basements because of the persecution that`s soon to be upon us .

Sounds logical ? Does it not ?

smiddy

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

How exactly does God communicate/direct the GB?  

This is very easy to answer.  No higher power is in contact with the GB in anyway whatsoever.  They make it all up on their own, preach it as coming from a higher power, and sadly millions of people are brainwashed into believing and will obey them.  

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I was always thought there was a distinction between spirit "inspired"  spirit "directed," the latter being applicable only if someone is working in harmony with standards for christians as set out in the bible/publications.......blah blah blah.

oh who am I kidding -basically the GB are bull shit artists or delusional or a bit of both, and it will come back and bite them on the ass one day.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Always wondered about this but we were not supposed to ask. It seemed to me like spiritualism, God talking to them, giving them messages. Anyway as we all now know they just make it up as they go along and people live or die because of it. What a power trip!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes...They believe they "are directed by holy spirit", so you cant dispute anything because of their claim!

But simply saying and believing something does not make it a fact! 

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So how does this work?

Does the Holy Spirit direct what these men release as doctrines prior to them releasing it?  

If so then the Holy Spirit gets it wrong too much for my liking.

Or is it a case that the men release doctrines based on their bible research (snigger) and the Holy Spirit adjusts when necessary?

If so why did it take years for organ transplants and minor blood fraction doctrines to be adjusted at the cost of lives?

Either way I can't follow it...if it is the first way then I don't want to follow a god who is dicking me around and if it is the second way then what I would be following is men...

Ergo I'm out...

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

As someone once so accurately stated, "Let's review! IT'S A CULT!" End of story!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Heaven
    Heaven

There is no 'how for God'. The old farts in Brooklyn ...  Walkill ... wherever ... just bend over and pull something out of their butts.

Some 30 odd years ago, I asked both my parents at the same time "Is God directing the Watchtower?"

To me, this is THE question to answer. The reason: it doesn't matter whether the answer is Yes or No, it shows this group is f'ed up and shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

So, at exactly the same time, my Dad answers "No." and my Mom answers "Yes."

You should have seen the "Holy Shiite!" look pass between them.  It was priceless.  :0)

• brandnew
    brandnew

Just like smiddy said, build a sh** load of new kingdom halls, so jws can hide in basements.....wow !

" and as you hide, may the holy spirit direct the fds to sell all commerciallized halls" .......ya' know....im smellin something mighty rotten.

• eyefell4it2
    eyefell4it2

You mean Jehovah doesn't directly talk to them?  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit