When a Witness claim the uniqueness of Bible and its accurate prophecies!

by abiather 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
     We are evolving physically, but mind is not evolving!

The facts show that we are improving as a society by every possible measure.

Any anecdotes you can recite to the contrary only demonstrates your ignorance of history.

Standard cult theology 101

Premise 1 - The world is getting worse and worse and disaster looms (ignore all evidence to the contrary)

Premise 2 - There is a way we can achieve utopia (sacred book/guru)

Premise 3 - It is just around the corner

You are selling a slightly different flavour of Watchtower bullshit. You hope that by mixing it up with Eastern platitudes masquerading as ancient wisdom somebody might be impressed. 

• Ding
    Ding

Someone asked recently on a Facebook forum, "Could someone please give me a list of Watchtower prophecies or predictions that have come to pass?"

I was thinking of how short a list that would be. Most JWs would say "1914" but even then the WT was totally wrong about what would take place and relies on invisible happenings to convince themselves that anything happened that year besides the start of World War I.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, You say we know “elevation and entropy to be false!

I never said anything of the sort. Any argument you make from that premise is bound to be incorrect.

The very fact that we humans have not learned to live in peace with each other is the proof that entropy is the norm of the day!

You're confusing a physics concept with unrelated social issues and thinking that proves something. It does not.

Why? We are evolving physically, but mind is not evolving!

Nonsensical woo based on senseless analogies.

• abiather
    abiather

Cofty & Viviane

You are free to hold your view that world is getting better and better day-by-day.

My experience is that world is becoming worse and worse day-by-day.

Interestingly, former Pope Benedict XVI shared my view of the world (http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2013/02/12/popemain/bit1RIB2rL0hlshVpiAiKJ/story.html). He was hesitant to lead an organization that is going to become bankrupt because of on-going settlements of cases involving pedophile priests. And not only Pope, virtually all world leaders too share my experience. See how much security arrangements they do when they visit even a friendly country. Some of them even request for a no-fly zone over the hotel they stay in as guests. 

http://www.kashmirobserver.net/news/top-news/india-turns-down-us-no-fly-zone-plea-obama

http://article.wn.com/view/2015/01/22/Nofly_zone_of_radius_400_km_enforced_for_Obama_visit_to_Indi/

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You are free to hold your view that world is getting better and better day-by-day.

First, that's not what anyone said at ALL. I said (and I think Cofty was close) is that the world is better than it has been and keeps getting better. Life expectancy, war, slavery, disease crime, etc., are all reduced or less severe. It is not an opinion, it is an observable fact.

My experience is that world is becoming worse and worse day-by-day.

How, specifically, is that your experience? How are you comparing the the world on a day by day basis to reach that conclusion? So far, nothing you've said supports reaching that conclusions, it was simply anecdotal data without context.

Interestingly, former Pope Benedict XVI shared my view of the world 

OK. So? Former popes ordered murders, had prostitutes, ordered genocides, etc.

• abiather
    abiather

Viviane,

My subject is ENTROPY.

You are now concerned about at what speed it is happening, and ask me what do I mean by day-by-day!

Entropy is a fact experienced everywhere—whether it happens day-by-day, or year-by-year does not matter!

Leaders spying on other leaders of friendly nations and even on own citizens are all the proofs that entropy is at work!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    My subject is ENTROPY.

That's an extremely dishonest thing to say. Your initial OP never mentioned entropy at all, and now it's your subject? That's wasn't true and it's changing your subject. Your subject was how a pre-Biblical prophecy (which wasn't pre-Biblical) proved that the the Bible wasn't unique in proving the world was getting worse (which every statistic shows isn't true). 

You've since attempted to introduce evolution of the mind, body and somehow tie physics into it to prove your points. So far you've failed to do any of that. 

All you've done is fail to connect entropy, your new thing, to prophecy and how anecdotes don't prove your pre-determined ideas.

• abiather
    abiather

Viviane,

Entropy requires no proof--the very fact that we left JWs itself is the proof. Many of us left them because we experienced them becoming worse than other religions 

Nature of community is the reflection of the individuals that make up that community.

For example,

1)      all the RELIGIONS were good when they started, then gradually deteriorated into a money making machine.

2)      HOSPITALS start as charitable institution, then they become a synonym for greed!

3)      Communism came as a replacement of tyranny, only to become more tyrannical later

4)      JWs came accusing all religions to be Satan’s instrument, yet they became Satan's worse tool—declaring God felt challenged by Satan, not even greeting those leaving them …

That’s why all the scriptures (that include Bible and Bhagavatam) foretell about moral decline reaching a climax in the last days (which is ENTROPY in one word)

In my case, I have helped many people (including my family members), yet it is ok if they are not thankful—but if they do harm to me, what should I term it? I would call Entropy of the mind!

• Ancientofdays
    Ancientofdays

BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It tells me that mankind has commonly foretold a "last days" marked by social upheaval and lowering personal standards. I don't believe that time to be now.....

This reminds me the recent article on The Guardian with subject The Declinism 

http://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2015/jan/16/declinism-is-the-world-actually-getting-worse

This also would be good to show a witness, whe he claims "last day", hard time and so on ...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Today" is always the worst day in human history for a JDub.  And that may be true if.......

........if you're still a JDub. That alone would make it a pretty miserable day.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit