Dissfellowshiped Watchtower

by cornish 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sawthelight
    sawthelight

Flip

as a new member, i don't want to come across as a know it all. But if you think you can hold your own beliefs as long as you don't influence others you should check out the secret elders manual. I believe its on page 96 and says something like this- To believe something not taught by the WT is Apostate and punishable by Disfellowshipping.

sawthelight

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hi, Sawthelight!

Welcome to the board!
    There is a thread on Personal Experiences entitled "Hello, Hello, Hello, ..." where you can tell us more about yourself if you'd like.
    (You, too, Cornish!)

outnfree

• ticatoo
    ticatoo

Hey Cornish...........welcome to the board.

• Flip
    Flip
    ...as a new member, i don't want to come across as a know it all.

Perish the thought, sawthelight. Anything, and I mean anything you feel is relevant could be helpful to Jehovah’s Witnesses heading out the revolving door. And thanks for providing the proof for your rebuttal, which was very much appreciated.

In this case however, I believe the subject was about “thought”, not belief, which illustrates why I think discussions on the net must have meanings clearly defined, although I’m often amiss in that regard.

Read, if you haven’t already done so … http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7081&site=3 … for anecdotes that illustrate my original meaning about appearing to think one thing but doing another.

And in particular, Jeff Schwenm’s comment:

When I was leaving Bethel, Harold Corkern who is now the president of one of the new corporations, called me into his office and told me not to discuss those bad things that happen at Bethel with the brothers "on the outside". He said the bad things that happen at Bethel are "none of the business of the brothers on the outside". He told me that the brothers on the outside need to know "only the good things about Bethel."

Looking forward to reading more of what you have to say, saw…

Flip

“Belief is highly over-rated because drinking ‘spiked’ Kool-Aid or shooting it out with an alcohol and drug enforcement agency in Texas is financially counter-productive and not an activity the smart cult would indulge.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit