Dissfellowshiped Watchtower

by cornish 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cornish
    cornish

As it was considered back in 1995 that due to not holding to the society's view of the literal generation of 1914,I had disasociated myself,now all Jehovah,s Witnesses dont believe this anymore,are they all appostate for rejecting this important truth,that I had apparently sinned so much in rejecting??????????

• Cautious
    Cautious

Good Question Cornish

But it seems to me that people are dfed from the WTS for not believing them, and it doesn't appear to matter what the doctrine is, you just have to agree with them. So, as the WTS change their minds, you must faithfully follow them in their new thoughts and agree to that too.

You are not allowed to have your own thoughts, thats all.

• Latte
    Latte

Hi Cornish,

The short answer to your question is Yes!

Wanna try telling them that? LOL

I do believe that the word apostate means someone that has rejected their former beliefs. So who fits that description more than anyone??

I wonder

Latte

• esther
    esther

Cautious, you said

But it seems to me that people are dfed from the WTS for not believing them, and it doesn't appear to matter what the doctrine is, you just have to agree with them. So, as the WTS change their minds, you must faithfully follow them in their new thoughts and agree to that too

That is exactly the way it is. To be a JW, you must accept the society is god's channel, and you must say "Yes" and "Amen" to every idiotic utterance

esther

• outnfree
    outnfree

Cornish,

You wouldn't want to be a test case and write the Society asking them if you could be reinstated based on their "new light," would you?

Might be interesting to see how they replied...

outnfree

• outnfree
    outnfree

OOPS, Cornish!

Just noticed that you are a newbie!

Welcome to the Board.

Look forward to hearing more from you,
    outnfree

• hippikon
    hippikon

Good Point outnfree

Welcome cornish

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Cornish,

in few words...a logical observation,
    but you also know how WTS acts today towards those who
    " openly dissent " about their teachings

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• Maximus
    Maximus

Should you write them that you were correct and that the "faithful slave" was wrong, you will be told in so many words that you were wrong in principle (if correct in fact) and that you obviously were "running ahead." "He that runs ahead ..." That means you had a bad attitude at the very least and deserved your self-imposed shunning.

Problem is, they did not DF you, you DA'd yourself. To rectify this you would have to do make amends for a period of time. If you were to repent of this bad attitude, acknowledging that you were wrong (how Orwellian can you get?), you could go to your local elders and confess, pledging to remain in line. They are trained to ask you questions about other teachings, and can probe as much as they want.

You are in a long line of persons who have seen the light before it grudgingly flashed from the temple. That's a problem for high-control organizations who just cannot tolerate that kind of individual thinking.

A warm welcome from this motley group. Browse around, pick the best and leave the rest.

Maximus

• outnfree
    outnfree

Hey, Cornish.

I knew in principle that the reaction that Maximus just described would likely be the one you received, but I still thought it would be highly educational for all of us here and especially the lurkers to actually see a Letter from the Society stating such in their usual roundabout way.

Whaddaya say? Are you willing to be the test case?

Whether or not you actually want back in and would be willing to undergo a grilling from local elders once you had the Society's response in hand is, of course, "a personal matter".

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit