Dissfellowshiped Watchtower

by cornish 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ianao
    ianao

Cornish

Of course, this is from a "worldy" point of view...
    (you know, the world that you were born in, and will die and rot in)...

You could walk into the kingdom hall, pull down your pants and tell the elders there to "kiss this".

Don't worry about your family, because if they are true blue dubs then they will never have truly cared about you anyway! Just get on with your life! Or, excuse me, START your life.

(NOTE: The poster is not a trained counselor. All "advice" should be taken with a grain of salt.)

• AlanF
    AlanF

You simply ran afoul of the Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses: JW leaders speak for God, and you don't disagree with God.

A person is disfellowshipped for failing to repent of disagreeing with JW leaders. Usually the disagreement must be at least somewhat public, but it might be only expressing one's disagreement to elders. A person is declared disassociated when, for practical reasons, the Society deems it easier to get rid of a person that way than by the more rigorous DF'ing procedure. The desired result is the same -- isolation and shunning of the "problem" person.

AlanF

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

AlanF,

Stop talking about yourself.

• Flip
    Flip
    You are not allowed to have your own thoughts…

Cautious, careful with this one (no pun intended), theoretically you can, have your own thoughts as long as you do not express or appear to influence others with those that differ from the WTBTS, disfellowshiping is simply the enforcement mechanism which consists of threat followed by quarantine.

And for very good reason…corporate survival.

Flip

• ianao
    ianao

I have always thought that this was a poor cop-out.

"You can have your own thoughts as long as you tell noone or influence others".

So what happens when you feel you are LYING to someone else and telling them someting that you do not believe is true? You hold it in and fumigate over regurgitating falsehoods, or let it out and get booted. (There goes your friends and family). Making it MENTALLY UNHEALTHY to have your own thoughts contrary to the WT.

Seems Communist to me.

• DB
    DB

It seems to me that many witnesses have their own thoughts on certain matters. But, they generally keep such to themselves. A bussy of mine and I sometimes discuss such "thoughts", for example, neither one of us believe that ONLY JWs will survive the Armageddon war. We both feel that God is a bit too broad-minded for that. Also, we talk about how District Convention attendance is strictly optional (but don't let anyone hear you say that), because there is no evidence that first-century Christians held such conventions, and that the Law of Moses is not applicable to Christians. Also, there is no evidence that Christians have to meet for 5 meetings per week. However, we do not mention such thinking to others, for fear of reprisal, true, but also because, in our view, it would simply cause dissention and debate in the congregation (of course, some might view that as a good thing).

• cornish
    cornish

Hi folks,this is a reply to all your coulerful,thoughtful and entertaining replies,wow,this forum is really quite active,
    You know I think its about time I visited my JW elder father and asked him that question in a naive fashion,and see if it brings some colour to his cheecks

• Celtic
    Celtic

Onen hag oll Cornish, from whence do you originate? I come from Falmouth, disfellowshipped in April 95 from Helston Congregation.

I now work for an independent think tank on all issues community deprivation and social exclusion.

Are you local, i.e. not an emmet? If so, would you like to meet up?

Take lots of care of yourself and write whenever you wish, here is my e-mail also. [email protected]
    www.can-online.org.uk

Mebyon Kernow!!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Just replied to you from further down.

You a Cornishman? Me too, write reply if you wish or email me

[email protected]

Onen hag oll Mebyon Kernow

Falmouth

• cornish
    cornish

Hi Celtic,
    Yes,I am Cornish,Born in Redruth,and now living in the Par area,nice to meet you friend,and hope your life is going well,I cant speak Kernow though,only Anglo Saxon,and I love being in touch with all who have been through the WT experience,especially locally,My full Name is Nigel Rapson,and I used to attend the St.Austell West cong,by the way do youy know John Dean,he is a JW who hangs about town centres selling charity scratch cards,also do you know Phil Mawson in Truro,he is a very nice ex JW who lives in Truro and has a library with stacks of old WT literature,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit