Should You Believe in the Trinity?

by Tower Man 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

For me the trinity doctrine doesn't make sense and yes I've read Trinitarians posts on other boards, who have tried in many various ways to explain it. For the dogmatic ones, they believe it's necessarily to one's salvation to believe in it. Yet they too believe in a loving God, yet their "loving God" would let me burn in hell forever if I can't believe in something that doesn't make sense?

The bigger issue, to me is, what religious beliefs make people become. Calvin had Servetus burned alive at the stake over the trinity. Was that the way a person who preaches a loving God supposed to act?

• herk
  • Mary
    Mary

LMAO at herk!!

Personally I don't believe in the Trinity.........makes no sense to me. Jesus was a Jew and as such, he himself would not have believed in a triune God; he would have been taught and raised believing in a monothesis God.

I think that it's very likely that some of the scriptures have probably been tampered with in order to make it appear as though Jesus WAS God.

I found this website to be very interesting on the subject: http://www.torahofmessiah.com/trinity_art.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit