We were invited to The Memorial......

by Nan 29 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Triple A--- You don't have to be invited to attend any of the services . Participation in the event is voluntary so anyone can help themselves to the wine and crackers they do discourage it tho , It's a friggen joke the way they do it . In fact I've never know of a religion that did it right . According to the bible it is actually a supper so people were instructed not to have eaten or drink any wine prior to the event . It was important to jesus as he did instruct the apostles to keep doing it in remembrance of him . The way the WTBTS does it is a disgrace and I refuse to insult God . I've never been a witness either but was involved with the book studies and have read the new testament a couple of times .

• Triple A
    Triple A

Heathen, You bring up a good point. Since they believe that Jesus returned invisibly in 1914, what is the reason they give for still celebrating the Lord's Supper which is suppose to be done in rememberance? Triple A

• heathen
    heathen

Tiple A--- I guess one could assume that since the early church did it with jesus having an invisible pressence that the same is true today . I don't get the big deal that the WTBTS makes out of it especially since they don't expect anyone to eat and drink .

• Triple A
    Triple A

Heathen,

Do you think that it is control? Most all the laws that they send down appear to have more to do with control, than with Biblical teachings. They can control the "great crowd" (did you know that Rutherford called this class the "prisoner class" in the booklet Angels in 1934) by making them sit there and pass the elements without partaking.

Triple A

• missylissy
    missylissy

im going too. My boyfriend's family are JWs.

-missy

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Is this the future look?

http://www.hughson-ca.com/church/hca_churchpix04.htm
    Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs WitnessesHughson, CA
    Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses

Santa Fe Rd.
    Hughson, CA 95326
    Phone: (209) Back to Church Congregations section
    Back to Main Page

Please note that most of the sites

• donkey
    donkey
    that it's nothing but a man-made religious group masquerading itself as "Christian".

lol

Of course it can be argued that Christians and JW's are one and the same in that category - man made groups...

• Triple A
    Triple A

donkey,

We have to remember that the titles Methodist, Catholic, Baptist, Christian Reformed, and etc. are man's attempt to reach out to God.

Chistianity is God reaching out to man.

Triple A

• heathen
    heathen

Triple A --- Yes I do think it's about control . No I didn't know rutherford referred to the great crowd as the prisoner class. Now that's pittiful there. So I guess that's when the society decided to start playing the role of redeemer . You can't think for yourself so we will do it for you . It never stops amazing me how warped the whole thing is .

• Triple A
    Triple A

Well I did not make to the memorial, something for next year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit