Why does the WTBTS survive?

by Skimmer 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kes152
    kes152

Ozzie,

Stick to preaching God's grace and Christian freedom and forget the speculation.

Please point out the speculation..
    Aaron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day kes. May I call you Aaron?

I thought it was clear what I meant by speculation, but for the sake of clarity, here are examples of speculative thought, in the manner of the Borg:
    the wild beast (WTBTS) and the kings of the earth (religious rulers massed together as one)
    the rest (political rulers, etc.)
    'wild beast' is said to be "earthly" a.k.a. "earthly organization
    it has a 'mark' namely:"Do you realize that your baptism IDENTIFIES YOU ('marks' you) as one of Jehovah's witness and in association with his spirit directed organization?"

God's Word does not speak to us in riddles. It is like a Lamp which shines our pathway, refreshing the soul. Read it, Brother, without interpretive thoughts found in books. Read it daily, on its own, for it stands alone as the word of God to you.

Peace to you, also.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Truth persuades by teaching, but does not teach by persuading."
    TERTULLIAN, Adversus Valentinianos

• reason
    reason

He he he! You apostates are talking like a bunch of pre-school students...losers!

• Corvin
    Corvin

It's all a numbers game. with millions of JW's knocking on doors every day someone has to bite. (Just as many leave each year). They survive because of this and the fact that they downplay their past . . . way down.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Reason, you said;

He he he! You apostates are talking like a bunch of pre-school students...losers!

That's pretty smart-ass talk for someone with all of nine whole posts. Say, how about giving me your address . . . ?

Corvin

• mustang
    mustang

The bullies point is a very good one. The bully I knew STALKED for me 25 years, in the name of the WTS and was empowered by them. He finally succeeded: the laws of the land changed to make him a criminal.

Mustang

Disclaimer:

All that I write or utter is protected under the religious freedom guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America, in the First Amendment, as the Free Exercise Clause; in addition, the Freedom of Speech held from the same source is further invoked.

Additionally, the Church Law Shield is applied to all that I utter or write, because I am expressing my religious views to be held as those propounded by a Church. The Church Law Shield consists of many precedents that defend a Church against outside influences regarding the expression of worship.

I declare all statements of mine to be "Articles of Faith" of my Belief System, whether that belief System encompasses any Church in existence or my own single and individual beliefs.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I tend to think it survives partly because it suits some people psychologically, for various reasons. It offers a strong authority structure, a sense of mission, apocalyptic fantasies, a persecution complex, a superiority complex, delusions of safety in a hard world, and the promise of being god's chosen ones. That's always going to be attractive to some people. I also think that people join and stay out of deep family loyalty, which has a power that can't be underestimated. But I think even if they gave up disfellowshipping, it would survive. I mean, lots of other eccentric little religions survive.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Re: Why does the WTBTS survive? It's the neverending saga of the: Watchtower's end of the world mini-series.

Watchtower take #9 Like the;Friday the 13th horror flick.Freddy vs Jason it just won't die.

Somebody please put the;Watchtower, Freddy, Jason and Mike Myers to rest for good.

Danny sez: I STILL KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! [Read 1914]

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Today I think I'll just follow Reason around. He seems to be the modern day Jesus Christ, performing resurrestion, after resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit