Apostates receive a letter from the Watchtower

by jst2laws 26 Replies latest social current

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

You know this is probably more of a form letter that they send out. 99% of the dubs involved will simply reply to the WT, "forget the conditional part, keep it as a straight-out contribution to advance Kingdom? Interests." I doubt that many actually ask for the money back...

• Simon
    Simon

he he ... great response Steve !

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

U nfortunaely its all about money in my opinion whereas the Son of man had no place to lay his head and Gods word and cautioned us " to keep lives free from the lust for money" Heb 13:5

Pastor Russell had said we dont pass the collection plate , because its Gods work and should we reach the point that donations are not forthcoming that its time its time to terminate our operation as it indicates Gods blessing is not backing our the work any longer.

Apparently that focus changed when they began to advertise in the Nov. issue of the WT on Planned Giving Re stocks ,bond ,wills , property etc.

When my dad retired my mom and dad receieved a letter inviting them to the Georgetown Bethel for their faithful years of service at a price. as i probated the will. I also was invited to Bethel on my retirement but chose not to go as we were moving to B.C.fortunately.

It was here in B.C. in found the TRUTH in a person of Jesus Christ and before moving on an met an older JW whose wife had passed away and was having misgivings re his will to the WT. His Lawyer had cautioned him against that because his daughter was not a JW , He later told me he changed his will when an Elder or his wife remarked that he was now into withdrawing from the principle of his bank account instead of the interest and it was at that point he changed his will.

In the way of a question , has anyone on line had the pleasure of a friendly visit of a local overseer in regards to contributing to Gods Work.?

Don

• Englishman
    Englishman

Take a couple of weeks out and see Florence, Pompeii, Athens, Edinburgh and Lisbon.

Englishman.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello No Apologies,

Yes, I'm sure they have a template type letter ("form letter") they work from and then add detailes in the context as our letter contains.

I think you are also right about the response they expect from the letters sent out.

99% of the dubs involved will simply reply to the WT, "forget the conditional part, keep it as a straight-out contribution to advance Kingdom? Interests."
    I wish there was some way of knowing how many DO ask for their money back. It might be a clue of how many have lost faith in "Kingdom interests". But then most who have left the WT have surely asked for all of their 'conditional donation' to be returned by now, except for a few mathematically challenged.

Jst2laws

• Soledad
    Soledad
    When you get the check, make out a receipt and send them an official looking letter, thanking them for their support of Silent Lambs.

now that's an excellent idea. or how about Freeminds.org?

• Beans
    Beans

Buy me a beer so we can celebrate together?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit