anyone now have an aversion to dress clothes?

by spike2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• copsec
    copsec

I don't mind dressing nicely for work but that's about it!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Ties are the pits. They truly belong in the pits of hell. It's a wonder they didn't hang the inventor by his tie!

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I did for a long time. Most of my working life (even when I had some really dirty jobs to do) I had worn a shirt and tie to work. It wasn't until I moved to the US that casual business wear became my norm. I worked for a golf shirt company for a long time and guess what I wore most of the time? At the same time I quit the JWs and even though I go to church on occasion I never wear a jacket and tie. I wear a tie two or three times a year (weddings and funerals mainly).

Now I said I had an aversion for a long time. Last December I had to go to Japan on business and I bought some new clothes. Surprisingly, it actually felt good to wear a suit and tie to work. By the end of the day my collar felt sweaty and my tie was too tight. It was fun for a while but I am not that bothered that I am back in "business casual" or even jeans at my office now.

3rd

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

This was me in 1987. I was the Service Manager for a machine tool company. I have my white lab coat (we had a demonstration facility) and my company tie. (Note: those are not PCs they are IBM DisplayWrite Word Processing terminals)

3rd

• Corvin
    Corvin

I still have my suits, but rarely wear them anymore. They are good for job hunting, but I am not looking. They are good for formal dinner parties, but I never have been to one. They are perfect for Meetings at the KH and for field serive, but I haven't been in years. (I get the impression that I am not missed much).

So what can I do with suits I never wear anymore? Easy, I make my wife dress up in them and . . . . . . nevermind . . .

I hate tight collors and ties the most.

Corvin

• nilfun
    nilfun

Suddenly, I feel much better.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I have an aversion to 8 year olds in three piece suits. (pukes on shoes)

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I always loved dressing up but I do get twinges when I see dresses and I tend to wear slacks or jeans.....in the summer I wear sun dresses but not dressy dresses.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

No problem at all with dress clothes -- now that I've redefined the term. I go for hashish elegance these days. Dressy slacks or a long skirt either slit to the knee or cascading in hippie swirls. Sensuous fabrics in subdued colors and intricate patterns, with the occasional shiny garment. Elegant little slips of shoes. Pagan-looking jewelry, silver and semiprecious stones.

Jesus Christ on a grilled cheese sandwich! Valis, is that you? I like the dreads much better!

gently feral

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I have never been much for dressing up. I wear clothes which I feel are attractive and feminine, not what the Governing Body may think is "appropriate". When I attended the K.H. I never wore the recommended "business dresses" which sisters were encouraged to wear. If I wore a dress, if was often a comfortable sun-dress, because I usually only wore dresses in warm weather, in which case shoes would be flat, sandals of some kind. In cooler weather, I had no problem with slacks and closed toed Rockports, although I was (ahem) "counseled" several times. Oddly, many single brothers still sought my association, despite my willfull refusal to dress as recommended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit