anyone now have an aversion to dress clothes?

by spike2 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• spike2
    spike2

Anyone else have an aversion to dress clothes, now that you aren't forced to wear a suit and tie (women insert their version here) to sit a stadium for 8 hours on a summer day? Being forced to do this as a young child traumatized me pretty good!

• Mac
    Mac

No....I've always liked dresses..they go nice with my pumps!

mac

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sure, have had that for years.

Gimme jeans and teeshirt any day.

.......Tidy ones for going out.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

I have an aversion to dress clothes. I always found I could never find a tie that fitted, they were always too tight. Perhaps it's just me.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I sort of do now. I am content in faded jeans, Tshirt and boots-cowboy or just workboots. I have become very much a minimalist; there are so many things that I just don't need. I put on a shirt and tie once or twice a year. I used to enjoy it almost with the relish of a fetish, but now, it is a turn off.

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

I tried for a long time to avoid dresses AS MUCH as possible... as a kid, I was a tomboy that found dresses too restrictive since I always had to sit in them with my legs together and couldn't do things such as climbing trees, etc. and I had to keep them nice. So of course I always hated having to dress up for meetings, lol.

Then when I got older I wanted to wear short skirts and dresses and couldn't. When I got out of the Org for a while I avoided dresses still mainly because somehow it didn't occurr to me yet that I could now wear short skirts and dresses... when it did finally hit me I aquired a motherload of them overnight. Now I just wear whatever I feel like wearing, most the time jeans, sometimes if I feel like dressing up, a short skirt. I don't think I've worn a skirt that's knee length since I left, lol. *grin* So yah, the only issue I have with dressing up any more is wearing the "appropiate" length skirts.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I like big glasses to hide my triple OG tears!

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

I kept some of my dub clothes in case I have to go to a funeral.

• new light
    new light

Depended on the day for me. Usually they were uncomfortable, especially after working all day. Now they just take up space.

• blondie
    blondie

I have had many jobs that require dress clothes so it has been no problem. Of course, I never had to wear a tie.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit