My website

by shera 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Shera great site, I know it will be helpful to those who live with this daily.

I saw a program, but darn it escapes me what country it was where they work 24/7 one on one with children who are autistic and they have an excellent cure rate! Darn I wish I could remember more about the program, I'll do a search because I think it was on PBS.

Anyway kudos to you and Rhonda, I think this will really help others.

Kate

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Mabey she should ask for a medication for agression.My son does much better on that.

I told her everything i could about Ritalin but she doesnt want to do anything. Everytime I hear about her she always asleep! When we (mom and me) watched him there was no time for that. He would ram his head into the window. One day he boke it and cut his head only to laugh.

I say to momies and daddies and anybody who have the courage and patience to lovingly raise these beautiful children you yourselves are very beautiful in my eyes. I look up to you!

Shera I have bookmarked your site and plan on checking it daily. Thank you.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Sunspot:

I will never forget the first i saw him have a fit at the store. He threw himself on the ground and started to pound his head, people just gave the dirtiest looks. I told her maybe we need to wear a f*cking sign.#

I'll never forget when this happened to me in the store. My son was carrying on and this nasty lil ole lady was "tut tutting" behind me as I desparately tried to keep him under control. She finally turns to the man behind her saying "what that child needs is a good spanking". I Broke. I turned around and very angrily said "AFTER 100'S OF DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS, 1000'S & 1000'S OF DOLLARS IN MEDICAL BILLS & PSYCHOLOGIST BILLS AND 10S OF 1000S OF HOURS RESEARCHING - I FINALLY FOUND THE F****KING CURE FOR AUTISM IN A GROCERY STORE". The man behind her clapped.

Seriously though - it sounds as if the child you have is in need of a good behavior modification program. They're not easy to implement, and take the consistency & patience of Job himself, but for long term benefits, these usually do help quite a bit. I used to have a child that smeared feces, jumped out of windows (and tried to out of moving cars), beat me black & blue on a regular basis, beat himself or "scratched" himself till he bled dry. So many behaviors - and with a few of the programs we implemented, we were able to make progress. It just takes time and a lot of effort.

Join the site - we would love to have more experiences with which to share!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    I'll never forget when this happened to me in the store. My son was carrying on and this nasty lil ole lady was "tut tutting" behind me as I desparately tried to keep him under control. She finally turns to the man behind her saying "what that child needs is a good spanking". I Broke. I turned around and very angrily said "AFTER 100'S OF DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS, 1000'S & 1000'S OF DOLLARS IN MEDICAL BILLS & PSYCHOLOGIST BILLS AND 10S OF 1000S OF HOURS RESEARCHING - I FINALLY FOUND THE F****KING CURE FOR AUTISM IN A GROCERY STORE". The man behind her clapped

That is priceless. I am going to save that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit