Would like opinions

by Kismet 23 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey guys again:

Speaking of being overly cautious and the reasoning behind it:

A friend of mine (20 & not living at home for the past 2 yrs.) just told me that her mother, while visiting her, broke into her e-mail and read all the contents - then had the nerve to confront her with it (just usual boyfriends, school, etc.)

The girl is a super Christian, so nothing deep.

The mother also broke into her 2 17/18 year old daughters e-mail. Same reactions.

Even though kids are straight, and pretty normal, considering their mother, this parent felt they had the right to know - to protect - her almost grown and grown girls.

The girls were quite angry - as they should be.

E mails are not sacred - as people are finding out.

waiting

ps Mother and girls are Baptists - so this one can't be blamed on jw's. Nice change of pace!

Edited by - waiting on 3 August 2000 7:36:3

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hey thanks Simon.

Speaking of Friend, wouldn't that be an interesting add to my list. Feel free Friend to add me too. Waiting has the number. (lol)

Path

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Path - no i havn't downloaded ICQ.

I've got this thing with web sites that arn't idiot proof. If i have to think through stuff that the site should have already thought through for me i tend to give it the flick - that's how ICQ struck - too hard. I could be wrong.

What is it anyway?

Also if your in Canada i'm anywhere between 16 - 12 hours ahead of you eg. I'm writing this 7.34pm Monday 7th August, compare that with post time as dated above. Does ICQ still work under those conditions?SolidSender

PS Waiting - do you need my contact numbers/details? it seems you have everyone elses?

Edited by - SolidSender on 7 August 2000 5:49:18

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

You can tell a real computer geek by their ICQ#. LOL Icq is really very easy to use. It's been around for quite awhile. Not too hard to use, just follow the directions, SS!

Cheers,
    RCat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit