Would like opinions

by Kismet 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Hi Kis,

Here's my .02. You don't have to play by the ORG's rules. That's THEIR problem. This lady believes in you as a person, not as a JW, you see? You are her friend. She wants you as a person to say that prayer for her. I would have NO bad conscience about doing so. If there is truly a loving God up there, I can bet he would listen to YOUR prayers alot quicker than he would listen to the hypocrites who would dare to condemn you! My sympathies in the loss of your dear friend, btw.

Big hugs,
    RCat

• Seven
    Seven

Kismet,

Seven check your ICQ once in awhile
    would ya?!

I do. I also share a computer. I must of missed you. Waiting has my my number. I don't want to post it again. 7

• Kismet
    Kismet

Seven I understand completely.

I will double check the number I tried at home. Last I checked I was still awaiting authorization.

I'll try again (if that is okay of course.)

• Kismet
    Kismet

Hey Roaming Catlady:

Good thoughts and they echo those that I have been thinking.

Glad to see we are of the same mind...again.

How's the visit going?

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

HI there, Kis. Visit is over as of this morning. I put her on a plane about 2 hours ago. :-( I'm in official mourning for my little one now. I'm sure going to miss her! It's kind of like the official end to her childhood with me. She will graduate high school this year and is planning on getting married shortly after that. So it was bittersweet, you know? sob sob

Big hugs to ya. As usual, we do think alike!

RCat

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Kismet: I have icq and wouldn't mind adding you to my list as well. We live in the same area and wouldn't mind meeting up to talk over a beer or something.

Seven: Could you add me too your list as well?

SS: Have you downloaded icq yet? Would like to talk, really prefer icq to email. (thanks)

Simon: Waiting over a week for authorization :)

Frenchy: It would be cool to talk if you have icq.

PS. I can't post my number or name, but Waiting has it if anyone else from the board wants it. Thanks

Path

• Dubby
    Dubby

Kismet,

I feel for you in this situation. If it were me, I couldn't do it. Just knowing that if the truth be told(that you appose the WTS), I wouldn't be accepted at the KH. My conscience would bother me too much. Maybe it's playing by the WTS rules, but it is THEIR game and it's the way your sis's mother-in-law believes. Would she be even more heartbroken, or the family, for that matter, if they found out after the funeral that you appose? Would they feel tricked? On the other hand, maybe they would respect you more for putting aside your views of the WTS for this memorial of a woman that thinks a lot of you. I don't know.

Man, this is tough. I don't know what your family situation is, but I would have to level with them. Maybe you could float to her that you and the WTS don't see eye to eye anymore, but you're not df'd or da'd, so maybe she'll take it better than if you told her that you are not a JW.

My best wishes for you in this matter.

-dubby

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

LOL

Maybe you could float to her that you and the WTS don't see eye to eye anymore,

I thought I could just "float" something by my parents too. "You know guys, me and the WTS don't really see eye to eye anymore. I have such and such concerns."

And then my family is gone (even though I'm not Df or DAed)

You are right though. At some point we all have to face the music and level with people. There is always some hypocrisy when you no longer agree, but want to save your ass from the "D".

IMO save it for later Kismet. If you are really that close to this lady, the news alone could kill her. Wait until she passes, then decide about the rest of your family.

Path

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry Path
    I rebuilt my PC and didn't reload ICQ...I'll go and download it now..

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Guys,

Waiting has my my number.
    - Seven

. I can't post my number or name, but Waiting has it if anyone else from the board wants it. Thanks
    - Path

Thank you. I am now an official witnanny. Friend will be pleased that his opinion of me has been verified.

Young people........

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit