Avatars and Perception: A Study On The Effects of Visual Impression

by new light 51 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

I like to change my avatar occasionally too, PleasureDome. But I just love my current one, because it says my screen name!

Another I had was a drawing I did, but it was some young sexy blonde (which is decidedly NOT me, lol). But I do like to draw.

By the way, I started a thread on 60 minutes tonight. You may be interested. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/68783/1078064/post.ashx#1078064

Patio

• Sirona
    Sirona

Patio, you are excellent to the extreme! :)

My avatar is Willow from Buffy, OK a bit of a joke but still, in this picture she shows something I probably can't put into words....

Ok that sounds like a cop out. LOL

Sirona

• Xena
    Xena

Actually I think you look kind of like her Sirona...

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks xena,

Thats a compliment :)

Sirona

• joenobody
    joenobody

You took the words out of my mouth - I HATE dustyb's avatar - it turns me off him.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I love yours Joe Nobody, especially once after you posted about Quiznos subs making you run to the bathroom! It looks like you are in distress after eating a Sub!

• gumby
    gumby
    I HATE dustyb's avatar - it turns me off him.

LMAO !

We people are soooooooo funny. Even though we KNOW this is not what the REAL person looks like........we can't make our minds except it.

Gumby

• Sassy
    Sassy

I always think of Rocketman.. every time I hear a song my Elton John.. lately I have been playing a classic rock station on my way to work and his stuff has been playing a lot..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Okay, I know ya'll are going to be real disappointed but that is not ME in the easy chair. There is a consolation though. That is my cup of coffee.

• bebu
    bebu

I think avatars affect me--some of them, anyway. I like seeing real photographs best, but recognize that that may not be best for everyone.

btw: I love how you change your avatar, flyinghigh. I cracked up when you added that light saber! I feel like trying to peek around the edge of that chair!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit