Avatars and Perception: A Study On The Effects of Visual Impression

by new light 51 Replies latest jw friends

• 4JWY
    4JWY

...............just gets my point across I hope!

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

I almost never wear my coonskin cap anymore, but still use the flintlock rifle....

• Mulan
    Mulan

just me

• minimus
    minimus

When I see M&Ms, I think of me, too!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    LMAO new light! Hey......how do you know that isn't Leolaia's real picture? Your gonna feel like an ass now if it is.

new light, Gumby.....Ah, so this thread was originally about my avatar! Okay, fess up, it's okay, what did new light say about my avatar before he edited his post?

• wednesday
    wednesday

i picked my avatar b/c it is a toy from my childhood, and even though i am not a child, i am young at heart and just as it makes me think of Pocahantas (sp) song "Paint with all the colors of the wind"

weds

• gumby
    gumby
    Okay, fess up, it's okay, what did new light say about my avatar before he edited his post?

He said he had the hots for you and I shut his his flirty arse up!

Gumby

(I edited this just to bug ya)

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Avatars do make a difference for me in some cases, but not in others. For example, I read LoveTruth's posts, but always hear Capt. Jean Luc Picard talking. Minimus.. I sometims think of him as a red dot, but more often as the Larry King of JWD. Leolaia.. her and the previous avatar never gelled for me. People who use their real photo, it's somewhat easy to associate them with an avatar. I've probably changed mine to many times, and am too little known, to have any recognition to any of 'em.

• Valis
    Valis

hey git...do you have one of those cool crossbows?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

excuse me I need to go set up some pylons and take care of my crystals and chase Chaka around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit