Does the faithful slave exist?

by XQsThaiPoes 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I have known a few anointed and a few bethlites. After researching pubilcations and the watchtower websites I belife the faithful slave does not exist in a tangible form and is a ghostwriter for the entire org. Everything is subcontracted from mostly the great crowd now billed as corespondants. Doesn't that get you an impression the JWs are not as mindless as some claim, abeit more mercurial. I may be wrong but there seems to be a quiet changing of the gaurd and the "aids" to the faithfull slave are actually doing all the slaving. There probally hasn't been a an "active" faithful slave since the 80s. Most watchtowers are recycled old ones with less politicaly, scientificaly, or historicaly incorrect details.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I'll take it one step furhter: the "Slave Class" i.e. "remnant" never, EVER, at ANY TIME, were part of the "dispensation of spiritual food".

No matter how far back you go in WitchPower history, there was always a *CLAIM* that the "remnant" were revealing spiritual truths, but the fact is only those that were in Brooklyn Bethel actual wrote any articles.

We had an "annointed" in our KH when I was a kid; he got his "spiritual truth" the same way the rest of us Jonadab-sheep got it: twice a month in the Watchtower magazine.

The doctrine that the remnant of annointed are coordinated in their ministry to the other sheep is a lie and a sham. Not surprising, really, since "Religion is a Snare and a Racket"!!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The doctrine that the remnant of annointed are coordinated in their ministry to the other sheep is a lie and a sham.

I feel like repeating that,

The doctrine that the remnant of annointed are coordinated in their ministry to the other sheep is a lie and a sham.

and again, for emphasis!

I hope you get the impression I agree most emphatically!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's a group effort - very difficult to hold someone at any level of responsibility - the talk is not "I" or "we", but rather, "them", as if the writer always is always distancing themself. You can look and look but there isn't any-one.

It's just a bunch of people who've been eating weasels, feeding more weasels to everyone else.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I had an intereting chat with an elder the other day who told me the end must be very near because the annointed have nearly all died off. In his view the most of the 8,000 who partake are not of the annointed (don't know what it makes them then) and the real number is far less.

The FDS idea has never worked in practice. As a group, including women remember as well as men, they have never been consulted over doctrinal issues. The organization has always been highly centralized. The idea of a FDS feeding the household has never been a reality.

eyeslice

• link
    link

The "Faithfull and Discreet Slave Class" is a figment of the imagination. There is nothing in the Scriptures that could possibly indicate that his illustration used by Jesus has any relationship to an earthly organisation or person, at any time or any place.

link

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Okay now so why are you (DFed people) all whining? "The GB this.... the FDS that... I wish they would let the.... be more open minded"

What you are saying is you don't like Jehovah?s Witnesses. Think of it if Joe Smoe JW is writing articles for other Joe Smoe JW's (whom love this "spiritual food") and you don't like the article you don't like Joe Smoe JW's. There is no autocratic "T" shaped power structure oppressing everyone. Just a firewall, a stage name, a ghostwriter. I think "apostates" didn't realize that frankly JW's are cynical jerks that love cynical jerks. There is no sham or racket. You guys are the ones disillusioned I?ve been a JW almost 10 years and knew that from the beginning cuz I am a cynical Jerk. Did you ever actually read our literature before your baptisms?

Oh and you are right those 8000 are Centenarians on their death beds or smart "apostates" that love being a JW and know the exploit. If you become anointed you get to act and say whatever you want as long as you don't get DF'ed (and its not hard to get unDF?ed). I know a few young "anointed" (those assumed replacements for unfaithful anointed of a bygone era) that go AWOL and flip out all the time. People just snicker behind their backs and wink yeah they're 'anointed'. The funny thing is they buried the 1935 thing a while ago, but we don't mention it because no ?Joe Smoe? cares.

Hey what?s this new backlash of DFing BTW? Anyone that?s been in one cong for a few years sees it is impossible to keep idiots (boomerangs) out for long. Heck by the time the kid is born they'll be back. Don?t believe me I know an idiotic 60 something former elder (who won?t see that title for the rest of his life). I think it?s a great system. People act like these DFings last decades. Or heck just don?t get baptized in the first place just "contemplate". I never could see the horror of people not talking to you. I can't get the friends to leave me alone. They all do that super handshake thing that gets on my nerves. Just say ?hi? and leave me alone. I don?t know maybe you guys just don?t got it in you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Please see my post on the "faithful and wise servant" which reveals his true biblical identity:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/67457/1.ashx

The "faithful and wise servant" simply refers to disciples whose behavior imitates the illustrious example of Joseph and the parable promises that they will be rewarded for their faithful service just as Joseph was. Only through contorted reasoning and self-aggrandizement does the WTS twist the intended meaning into a biblical "proof" of their divine appointment.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    I have known a few anointed and a few bethlites. After researching pubilcations and the watchtower websites I belife the faithful slave does not exist in a tangible form and is a ghostwriter for the entire org. Everything is subcontracted from mostly the great crowd now billed as corespondants. Doesn't that get you an impression the JWs are not as mindless as some claim, abeit more mercurial. I may be wrong but there seems to be a quiet changing of the gaurd and the "aids" to the faithfull slave are actually doing all the slaving. There probally hasn't been a an "active" faithful slave since the 80s. Most watchtowers are recycled old ones with less politicaly, scientificaly, or historicaly incorrect details.

mercurial The GB maybe. The R&F, nope. Gulliable would be the proper word there. Welcome BTW

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Why do people complain about the GB the percent of content they actually generate is nominal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit