Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-21-04 WT Study

by blondie 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

And I just wanted to say that when I was at the Sunday study, I kept hoping to myself that Blondie had this Watchtower so I could read her comments, because I couldn't wait to see what she said. And lo and behold!!!! She did!!! Today was the first day this week I could come here and visit to read the comments...but I appreciate it very much, Blondie, when you bring us back to reality with your comments.

I agree that this WT article was badly written, and I am finding much of the literature like that lately. The Worship God book, I've only attended one study from it, and the Isaiah II book, when we studied it, I stopped going because I got tired of the Christendom-bashing and the statements of how wonderful JWs are.

• blondie
    blondie

Flowerpetal, thank you for your comments. Sometimes I wonder if I have lost my 45-year perspective of WT literature and your comments confirm I have not. It is so important to carefully examine what we are told. We can only do that if we truly have studied the scriptures. Personally, I don't think it is necessary to delve deeply into the Hebrew or Greek meanings of the words in the Bible. Jesus said we would recognize people by their "fruits" their actions, not just their words. It means taking off the blinders, leaving the land of denial.

"Carefully examining"

Acts 17:10-11

Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and Silas out to Be·roe´a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni´ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these things were so.

Making sure

Ephesians 5:8-11

Go on walking as children of light, 9

for the fruitage of the light consists of every sort of goodness and righteousness and truth. 10 Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; 11 and quit sharing with [them] in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness, but, rather, even be reproving [them],

Philippians 1:9-11

And this is what I continue praying, that YOUR love may abound yet more and more with accurate knowledge and full discernment; 10 that YOU may make sure of the more important things, so that YOU may be flawless and not be stumbling others up to the day of Christ, 11 and may be filled with righteous fruit, which is through Jesus Christ, to God?s glory and praise.

Prove to yourselves

Romans 12:2

And quit being fashioned after this system of things, but be transformed by making YOUR mind over, that YOU may prove to yourselves the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Test the inspired expressions

1 John 4:1

4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world.

Blondie

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

I come here because when I study the WT now, I find myself arguing with it more than studying it. Some things just don't make sense.

I followed the Society's suggestion last year and read the whole Bible through from Genesis to Revelation. Rather than convincing me that the Society is right, I became more and more aware of ways in which we deviate from what the Bible says. That is quite disturbing.

I came from "the world" many years ago and nothing there compels me to return. But the "spiritual paradise" isn't looking so great either.

Why can't we Witnesses just accept the Bible for what it says, if we claim to be Christians? Organization-worship is getting on my nerves. One Trinity (Jehovah-Jesus-the Organization) is no better than the other (Father, Son, Holy Ghost).

• uspstoni
    uspstoni

You seem obsessed with trying to prove the JW's wrong. You can't change what the future holds. Why do JW's bother you so much? Each individual needs to investigate for themselves. What church would you recommend? Which one is clean or not blood guilty? Preach what is right, instead of preaching against something. Just my first time here and I'm trying to understand where your obsession comes from. No offense intended.

• blondie
    blondie

Well up, the WTS is very deceitful saying one thing in the study articles but neglecting to inform their members what they have taught in the past, even presenting it as if there never was a difference. Many of the people here have family and friends that are not being given all the facts. In my experience, the WTS says one thing for public consumption and do something very different behind the scenes. I do this review at the request of many posters here. The WTS spends much of its time demonizing other religions, their beliefs and their members. I'm sure they can take it in return. For example, the WTS says that only baptized, dedicated JWs will survive the coming destruction of the wicked. If you are not a JW, you are doomed unless you become one. If you are a JW, I'm sure you have been given the dance around the issue answer.

For public consumption the WTS says:

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. Humans look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. God has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.?Matthew 7:1-5; John 5:22, 27.

What does it mean according to the WTS to "take a stand for truth and righteousness"?

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium
    Only Jehovah?s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history. As it was in the days of Noah, said Jesus, so it would be in the day when He would be revealed. Inside the ark that took many years of organized effort to complete, only eight human souls survived the global Deluge. They survived as a united family group. (Matthew 24:22, 37-39; Luke 17:26-30) Noah?s wife corresponds to the bride of Christ, and his sons and daughters-in-law to Jesus? present-day "other sheep," who have grown into an increasing great crowd, the final proportions of which we do not now know. (John 10:16) For survival into the Millennium under the Greater Noah, Jesus Christ, they have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short.?Matthew 24:21, 22.

Blondie

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I understand that in 1960 the WTS taught that Michael the archangel kicked Satan out of heaven before the Lord's Evening meal on Tuesday, March 26, 1918.

But what is the current teaching?

Anyone?

“The main one behind this shattering of Jehovah’s holy ones was Satan the Devil, who claims possession of all the kingdoms of this world and their glory. (Matt. 4:8, 9; Luke 4:5, 6) In 1914, when Michael stood up, the war in heaven was begun to oust the Devil and his demons. He was defeated by Michael, and there is Scriptural reason to believe that by the time of the annual celebration of the Lord’s evening meal on March 26, 1918, Satan the Devil was hurled down to the earth.” WT 1960 4/15 249 Part 36: "Your Will Be Done on Earth"

• blondie
  • I'll have to check but I think that the kicking out started in October 1914 and raged on until just before the resurrection of the already deceased anointed to heaven in the spring of 1918 (read, the memorial) so the heavens would be cleansed.

I'm checking on that.

You might want to read this article which seems to say that the resurrection might have started closer to 1914.

w07 1/1 pp. 25-30

• “The First Resurrection”—Now Under Way!
  • http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007006?q=resurrection+1918&p=par
  • stillin
    stillin

Incidentally, I miss your comments, Blondie. I know it was time consuming.

• blondie
    blondie

stillin, the spirit is there but the flesh is weak. I have been struggling the last 2 years and am just coming out of it. I have at operation the end of January that should improve things. I miss them, I still read the study articles and make notes on the side of my printouts.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit