Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-21-04 WT Study

by blondie 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• spiritwalker
    spiritwalker

Not to be negative, but you seem to spend way to much time reading the former religions publications. Isn't it time to leave it alone and not let it be so much of your life. Just my first thought, from looking over the long post.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks Blondie.As for spirit walker's question to you,the answer is NO! Spiritwalker, there are still many lurkers,and posters here that are being helped from Blondie's "Comment"wt.study articles.

Compared to the lonnnnggg time the Watchtower Society has gotten away with this double talk,it has been only a small amount of time that Blondie has shown the true 'comments' that the Society leaves out of the study.

BLONDIE,as long as you can do this without hurting you and your hubby healthwise,you are appreciated as all the positve responses have shown.

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

Good points, Bluesbrother. Those at the meeting you could have attended missed out on some thought-provoking moments.

par 16 "Dissolution" awaits the worldly system.. A weasel word , a euphemism , why not say slaughter, genocide, mass murder ?

"Weasel word" is a good phrase to describe the multitude of ways the WTS has of describing the slaughter of 6 billion people, men, women and little children.

Hey lurk,

Since Bible prophecies are often fully understood after they are fulfilled or in the process of fulfillment, we will have to wait and see.

The WTS makes a correlation between the finishing up of the building of the ark to the preaching of the good news.

Ark done = Flood starts

Preaching done = Armageddon starts

The WTS deals with the dilemma of reaching all 6 billion plus by saying that all individuals don?t have to be contacted. I?d like to see that in the Bible.

Thanks, Odrade. It is nice to know who my readers are. Did you go to a meeting this week?

Dear min,

Bottom line: Believe us, share the hope we've given you, don't stop working, TRUST us! Before you know it, you'll be dead!

Sorry to hear about the extra hurt your family is experiencing. Keeping family ties for the sake of family events can be so damaging.

Thanks, mic

I'm very impressed by your review.

Thanks. I try. BTW, there is life after WTS death/execution. Proof is on the board.

Hi spiritwalker,

Not to be negative, but you seem to spend way to much time reading the former religions publications. Isn't it time to leave it alone and not let it be so much of your life. Just my first thought, from looking over the long post.

Yes, it is long. I used to just quote the portions of the WT that I commented on directly. But then I had requests from lurkers/posters to put up the whole article. Some still have to attend meetings sporadically and need some relief (comic or otherwise) from the WT propaganda. Others still have dear family and friends inside and they want to be able to combat or use points to help them have insight into the manipulations of the WTS.

But then you haven?t left it completely, because here you are on JWD. I rarely have more than 25 commenters each week and the views vary between 300 and 1000. Just a small portion of the overall members/posters/lurkers on JWD. So many just skip the review entirely or only read certain topics. As to negative, the WTS spends so much spinning reality, that I have a flood of "negative" points to bring out. It is so easy to "hang them with their own words."

Blueblades

, thanks for explaining about the place the WT review plays in some lives here. (tongue in cheek) I always said I would keep doing them as long as an inactive person like myself could get the magazines. Maybe God is blessing me (hahahaha).
    BLONDIE,as long as you can do this without hurting you and your hubby healthwise,you are appreciated as all the positve responses have shown.

Things are improving for both of us. Sometimes it gets to be a drag especially when the same stuff is played out week after week in the WT. I have real sympathy for those who must yet attend as they look for an opportunity to leave. Even if you leave and aren?t DA?d or DF?d, there will be collateral damage, being shunned for non-meeting attendance. I wonder if 1 Corinithians must be rewritten:

1 Corinthians 5:11-13

But now I am writing YOU to quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, those not attending meetings , not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do YOU not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? "Remove the wicked [man] from among yourselves."

Corinthians 6:9-10

What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God?s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, nor those not attending meetings will inherit God?s kingdom.

Perhaps non-meeting attendance is the sin that can?t be forgiven. Because after saying this:

Hebrews

10:23-25 ***

Let us hold fast the public declaration of our hope without wavering, for he is faithful that promised. 24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together , as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near.

Paul says this:

Hebrews

10:26

For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,

Blondie

• willyloman
    willyloman

If this were the REAL Watchtower study, I'd go! Thanks for giving me another reason not to.

As for the question about why you take the time to do this, I want to add my two cents: Knowledge is power. Your weekly commentary puts the WT "spin" in perspective and shows the truly big picture. It highlights the importance of a knowledge-based exit from the organization, the only kind of exit that will be permanent and will set the stage for future growth and happiness. The people who exit and then return often leave for emotional reasons and return on the same basis.

• lurk
    lurk

blondie

i missed the magazine that was insinuating a Ark /preaching link and a new date ..2034?..but read stuff here on the forum . i notice in this article no generation mentioned.

im not sure how the WTS figures it

Its 90 years since 1914 those born then are few and on their last legs.The human life span is much shorter than noah 's so really for modern equivilant for a ARK/FLOOD senario would be more like a 9th of 80 years .im bad at sums but round it off at say 10 years being the equivilant of noahs 120 years....

surely the change in length of the modern life span is relevant when comparing a modern equivilant to noahs day.

jersualem fell and " that generation" saw the end of the system of things .from the preaching and death to the end of that system it was only about say 37 years so the ppl alive to see jesus peach and die were stilla round when the end came for them....those born when jesus was preaching would only be 37-40 when the end came ....1914 just dosnt match and its going to match even less as they lenghthen the time period well past human life span .

ps that generation stuff became more clear to me when i read jospehus myself not just the WTS quotes.

i had been told that the reason generation had a equivilant in our day is because that prophecy was never forfilled as it says the christ will be seen coming (on a cloud ?) but in the fall of jersualem the jews were scared when they saw what looke dlike an army and horse /chariots coming on clouds....how come the WTS never quotes that bit?? has the second coming been taken out of context??

• Odrade
    Odrade

oh man, Blondie, haven't been to a meeting since a year and a half. What a relief, huh? But I read your reviews every week just to keep up with the drivel my family is swallowing this week. Thanks for continuing to do them. I think it keeps us sharp on a topic we might otherwise like to forget, but I never know when one of your points might be useful in conversation. Some of them have made their way to chats with a family member who is starting to think critically.

O

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Blondie,

Thanks for this public service. I realize that I'm not putting it to its best use, but:

My little brother and I would always bet on how long it took our aunt to work a comment from the latest WT study into her conversations with us--then, when she did, we'd both look at our watches and dissolve with laughter.

Thanks to you, we can still play this hilarious game without having to actually study the WT ourselves.

Jankyn

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Thanks blondie; I feel better when I can read in print what runs through my mind when I have to sit through this painful stuff.

It used to be written more intelligently, if still wrongheaded; now, it is written so poorly. The articles are full of misdirection, they lack cohesion and they emphasize the most ridiculous things.

I appreciate your reviews, and hope you keep it up.

Pistoff

• blondie
    blondie

Hey lurk,

i missed the magazine that was insinuating a Ark /preaching link and a new date ..2034?..but read stuff here on the forum . i notice in this article no generation mentioned.

I'm sure the "generation" doctrine is something the WTS would like to ignore. I found that long-time and new JWs hadn't a clue what the "new light" was.

ps that generation stuff became more clear to me when i read jospehus myself not just the WTS quotes.

It is good to check out sources other than the WTS even checking up on outside sources they quote from. They have been known to quote out of context.

Odrade, that is good to hear.

But I read your reviews every week just to keep up with the drivel my family is swallowing this week. Thanks for continuing to do them. I think it keeps us sharp on a topic we might otherwise like to forget, but I never know when one of your points might be useful in conversation. Some of them have made their way to chats with a family member who is starting to think critically.

It may even be that we will be more aware of the real scriptural context, not the WT dogma.

Hello, Jankyn,

I realize that I'm not putting it to its best use

Well, if you read it, that's the best, the rest is gravy, eh?

Pistoff, ain't that the truth:

It used to be written more intelligently, if still wrongheaded; now, it is written so poorly. The articles are full of misdirection, they lack cohesion and they emphasize the most ridiculous things.

Too much cut and paste and 60 to 100 men involved in the editorial/writing production. It is hard enough to get a BOE of five to agree unanimously on anything.

I'll keep doing these reviews as long as I keep getting WTs. One source dries up and another seems to come along. I can't believe I sat through these week after week.

Blondie (looking forward to Nashville and Silentlambs

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Hi Trumangirl! You said:

The WT is definitely getting more vague and at the same time noticeably more defensive of 1914. They don't have Fred Franz's imagination anymore and they don't have a clue who the king of the north is/will be. Although, if they applied the same criteria to it as they did when they eroneously applied it to the Soviet Union, they would come to the conclusion that the K of the N is the USA. And of course they rely on the US constitution and commercial system so they don't want to criticise it.

This is why they say that christians do not concern themselves with the performance or identity of the players in world affairs. They want JWs to not be interested in those things anymore (can't trust the news media anyway) just 'wait for Jehovah', meaning wait for the WT to tell them what's what when the great tribulation starts.

I think that the older generation of JWs will be quietly disappointed with this study article because it is so general and wishy washy.

trumangirl

---- I am of an older generation of witnesses and I was greatly disappointed with this study article--especially in view of the fact that my eyes are opening more and more and many of the comments Blondie made were things I noted when I was at the meeting this past Sunday when this article was discussed. Flowerpetal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit