My Dad died a few hours ago

by BONEZZ 96 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Excuse me if I ramble...this is hard. I have even avoided threads in the past where others have had to go thru this because I didn't want to face it. Guess I'm a wuss. This is the first family I've lost and it is so hard. My Dad & Mom DA'd a little over a year ago because of the UN, Abuse and lack of love issues.

He was the most humble man. A Marine who was on Saipan, Tarawa & Okinawa. Came back after the war and seeing a lot of death including his best friend killed by sniper...saw the Dubs and joined up. Him and my Mom were 51 year members. The "Judges" nurse had studied with them until baptism. My Dad had forgotten more than I would ever know about the Bible and such. He'd been Assistant Cong Servant, Elder and the like. I think the last five or so years they were seeing the real truth about the borg. He'd been lurking here for almost a year and was going to sign up so he could post...

They were extremely hurt by the fact that when they were DA'd, they were to be treated like Fornicators and Drunkards and the like. What hurt them the most was, there own grandaughter would not visit them. She lives 5 miles away. They were thrown away by their so-called friends and grandaughter.

I'll post more when I can. LOLLIPOP ...if you see this. Thanks again for the email and I'll contact you at a later date.

-BONEZZ

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I'm really sorry, my heart goes out to you. I don't know if it is a relief that he saw the real truth before he died but I hope so

Steve

• kls
    kls

I am so very sorry for you and you're family's loss. My condolences to you all KLS

• kat2u
    kat2u

I am sooo sorry!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

BONEZZ, I'm so sorry. He sounds like quite a guy. What bravery it takes for an old timer who's invested so much into "the truth" to even *see* it for what it is, let alone do something about it. Like your father, my father was a WWII vet who just got mixed up with the wrong crowd on his return, lol. I sometimes wonder if he ever had his doubts, I wonder what he'd think of me now?

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

I am very sorry to hear about your Dad. I will be thinking of you and your family the whole day.

Sabrina

• Gopher
    Gopher

Bonezz -- our condolences both to you and to your mom. Your father sounds like he was a true man of principle, and now you carry that legacy.

• blondie
    blondie

Our condolences, BONEZZ, It will be good that your mom has you to help her through this difficult time.

Blondie and Irrev

• bisous
    bisous

Bonezz, what a blessing to have a father you can be so proud of. He was obviously a wonderful man. My condolences on your loss.

• Valis
    Valis

Salute to your dad and condolences to you BONEZ...at least you have some good memories and you don't have to worry about living your life according to someone else's rules in order to see him again. One would hope that is anything would live on it would be the memories...especially the good ones.

Travis

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit