Please!! Who is there to teach me the ways of Christ Jesus?

by Celtic 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Best place to start is the Gospels

Yep, that's the very reason they were written and are called "gospels" (good news).

Personally, I'd recommend starting with Mark, then John.

Oh, and read them from a new, 'fresh' translation, anything except the NWT!!

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Love_Truth
    Love_Truth

Celt,

I can't say much more than has already been said. You've already been told that you've got to read the Gospels. I'd add to that the rest of the New Testament. You'll find that the more you read and think about it as to how it applies to you and others, re-read and think about it as to how it applies to you and others, and repeat that process, the more Jesus' teachings will become alive in your heart, and the better you'll retain them in your mind. I'd definitely pray to God as well, asking Him to help you understand what you are reading, and to help you to do His will and please Him. Try to at least have some fath to start with, it will get stronger as you do the preceding and the years of doing so progress.

Here's what I consider the best aid currently available for doing so:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible/

It contains 17 versions of the Bible, footnotes, cross-references, concordances, commentaries and other research tools, and audio (so you don't have to read, you can listen instead), and much more. You can look up Scripture by passage, or by subject or phrase. It's a powerful tool for study and research. And it's free!

Now, a little off subject perhaps, but here's a web presentation, for inspiration, that might inspire you to get started:

http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Love_Truth

• flower
    flower

Celt, If you want to follow in the ways of Jesus, you need only learn to be a good liar. Telling people things that werent true seemed to be one of his favorite past times. The bible itself instructs that one should not add or taketh away from the scriptures yet if one reads the scriptures below as they are written without adding to them, one can only conclude that they are bold faced lies.

And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22)

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 )

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 )

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7)

It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16)

On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24)

He also lied a lot about Armageddon...its no wonder the JW's keep lying about when its going to come. THey are just following in Jesus' footsteps. How many times did he tell his followers that they would live to see the End? Christians have done some pretty creative bullshitting to get JC out of these bold faced lies including trying to get people to believe that jesus was talking about Modern day followers. However his use of the words ?some standing HERE will not taste death? clearly refutes such nonsense.

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. (Matthew 23:36)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matthew 24:29-35)

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27)

"When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes." (Matthew 10:23)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Don't be upset or discouraged. It seems that Jesus's followers saw and heard him first hand, and still "didn't get it".

Mary Magdeline "got it", and because she was a woman, they labeled her as a harlot. Jesus had more affection for her than anyone else. That says so much, especially since the religious leaders refused to include her writings as part of the bible we know today. Why were they so afraid of her?

For me, the most important thing that the enlightened Jesus taught us was how to show love and compassion in all things. He could do that, because he truly understood his connection to the divine and he used the gifts of the spirit freely. We are very far from that today, but it is really a part of who we are.

Find out who you are, learn to love yourself, and you will be very surprised at how your perception of life changes.

This is something that you have to do for yourself, as it is the journey of the soul. Remember the saying: "today is the first day of the rest of your life"? Well, there is much truth in that for sure.

/<

• bisous
    bisous

Amen, Flower.

• MicStroz
    MicStroz

Reading the bible would be a good start!

The bible is the key word in that sentence.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Mark, would you be any kin to Jack & Jane Price who used to live in Louth, Lincs.?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Celtic!!!!! Well you asked & many gave you good answers... I dont agree with some of my favorites on here( they know who they are ) ... But my reply to you is.

First of all. !!! Just say in your normal tones, " I am having great difficulty -in believing your there Jesus, !!! One of my good friends Flower says your not, But I know flower was mistreated by the WT > Which I understand. But if you ARE there - will you PLEASE come into my heart & be my Lord, & Savior......I Know a wacky old lady> she keeps pushing you on others ( none of us listen to her) ,but I like the old girl, If she is right> will you PLEASE show yourself to me as she says you do to her,,, Yes I know it is invisable( as the WT said) but Grace says she can FEEL your presance... I ask it in all honesty( if you do) In the Name God says is above all others JESUS!!!! Amen "

• bisous
    bisous

Savior from what? the sorry side of life which we did not create?

Mouthy, I love your kindness and compassion to all on this board...and respect your right to your beliefs. I know they are well intentioned. But I have to protest. We humans should stop looking for a "Lord and Saviour" and start relying on our own knowledge and values to center ourselves. JMO.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Bisous.. (((hug))) I tried to live with out a belief when I was Ousted.... But I had no Peace. !!! Then when I asked for help ( In Prayer)I got it... In Christ. If you can do it alone --- All well & good sweetie. But we are all DIFFERANT!!!!!!! So leave me in my "love field" I hope you have one too- even if it is loving self..... But I am FREE, my love, to express my thoughts. All anyone has to do is "Pass on by""' Thanks for the nice remarks you made about me >>>>PURR,PURR give me a fish head & a saucer of milk,,,,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit