Get a life - stop posting. Why?

by philo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• emyrose
    emyrose
    Newbies and others are often saying, "move on", in other words, get a life, remove yourselves from the influence of WTism completely.

Isn't that exactly what regular lurking or participation in this discussion board helps us achieve? How else can we strip ourselves fully of the "WTism" if not by confronting the many aspects of
    our past existence as a JW? I had tried to deny or ignore this part of my life and my identity for several years, but it just would not go away and continued to cause all sort of problems for me. When I found this forum, I couldn't believe how many other ex-jws were out
    there trying to cope with the damages of post-JW life and was shocked to learn how many have been devastated by this cult. Even more
    astounding was learning about enormous corruption in the WTS, both in
    doctrinal and conduct areas. Unless we educate ourselves about just
    how dangerous our previous religion is we will continue to be in danger of falling victim to it again as well as other forms of mind-control or cults. So getting a life, a cult-safe one, is
    precisely what regular posters and lurkers are doing. Obviously, the
    ones that continue to post tend to be those that have been affected
    deeply and devastated more by the cult, which is not at all or in any way something to be ashamed of. It doen't mean they are weak by nature
    or stupid. It just means that they have deeper wounds,are not shy people and in a way are activists against their former oppressors.
    They are the type of people that make things happen (brave and energetic) rather than
    those who just sit back and never make a difference in the world.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Alan,

Thanks, I appreciate seeing your abstract on this topic.

I used to post on the Jesus-Witnesses discussion group, and was invited by Alan to join in on a small group that became known as Philia. The group started out by adding email addresses to the cc column. I was on Philia when there were about a dozen or more members. Reading Alan's post was a walk down memory lane--thanks again!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit