Get a life - stop posting. Why?

by philo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline
    One verse that comes to mind is the verse that foretells that "wicked men an imposters will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled." That "advancement" is readily observable.

Sounds alot like the current GB and their henchmen, to me! And you're right, YouDon'tKnow, it's very readily observable!

RCat

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Alan F,

Thanks for the comprehensive background of your history on the web regarding the JW issues. You forgot to mention Philia. :-) That's where I met Julie, and my own husband back in 1997. I believe you had left by that time. It's good to know you are still in the ring, helping other hapless JW's who are caught in the evil of the WTBTS.

RCat

• AlanF
    AlanF

Hi Roaming,

Actually I didn't forget Philia. How could I?

I just figured it was private and not all that interesting for this group. Julie doesn't seem to know who you are by your present handle. Who be ye?

Yeah, I'm still involved. I'm hoping that the light at the end of the tunnell has appeared.

AlanF

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Private email is on it's way to you, Alan.

RCat

Edited to fix my smiley..

• Maximus
    Maximus

A side note:

What used to astonish me is that AlanF has singlehandely gotten more people OUT of the organization than most missionaries get IN. That's a fact. (I know names ...)

It was, of course, Alan who got me started with an an occasional look-in, and then posting. In a telephone conversation he asked me to check out some clown who was pretending to be one of the governing body on H20. (Didn't take long to figure out this was a huge farce.) Don't know what irritated me worst, the idiocy of some posters or the S-L-O-W downloads and bugs at H20. Grew to understand the familial nature of it all.

Alan, don't you ever go to bed?

M

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

Hello AlanF:

I remember you from talk.religion.misc back in the early 1990s. Do you remember that fellow Andreas from Norway and how some of the other JWs were trying to get him to cool down? He was a kind of a mixture of two parts Fred Hall and one part You Know.

I was the fellow who brought up, if not for the first time, at least very early on, the Russell/pyramid connection. It was a bit entertaining to see the JWs try to defend that one.

I also was the guy who made the TRM post "A tract for your friends" warning about the WTBTS practives hidden from the public. I wish I still had it, although now I'd have to change the part about forbidding higher education. I was very pleased to receive a good number of e-mails from JWs who responded positively to my postings; that made it all worthwhile.

I understand that one of the first WT articles critical of the Internet (then mostly called bulletin board systems by the WTBTS) came out a few months after the TRM JW posting storm, and it was almost as if the WT was reponding personally to some of us while omitting the names. A scolding by them is an honor to me.

• JT
    JT

alan

great post and my wife and i would like to think you guys as well

I have always been impressed by the White Bro and thier willingness to question the Society, but sad to say from my personal point of view for black bro it is much harder

wt has promised black folks that they can be equal to a white man

and for many including myself that is very appealing not all blacks like a Jesse jackson type SO wt offers something that as a black person you can grab hold to-
    due to the world that I live in as a black man i see it

while many white bro in my exp held down jobs where they served in leadership roles the hall was merely an EXTENSION of thier life exp in serving in leadership roles

while for most of the black bro i knew growing up - right till when i stepped aside the Hall provided them that opportunity to BE IN CHARGE that they don't get from thier jobs

so while he may be BRO MAILROOM DURING THE DAY--- at night he steps into the phonebooth and changes to Super "HNIC" smile

it pains me to see how many of my black bro who when we try to tell them and help them they are the slowest- while many of the white bro as soon as they realize that they have been hoodwinked and bamboozled THEY ARE OUTTA HERE

while the black bro are like WELL LET'S WAIT AND SEE IF JAH STEPS IN

A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF that is my mother-in-law-

from the day i met her some 15yrs ago she has know me to be a serious man of God - a true Society Man- no foolishness, but a good solid bro and later an elder- she saw me take her daughter and never once has she known me to do anything off the wall

she saw me give up all my titles and positions while she saw other bro literally about to cry cause they could not get appointed

and i asked her about 2yrs ago in my wife's office

"Did you ever wonder what in the world did james read or hear or see that would make him of ALL FOLKS just throw it all away"

and her response was SHE NEVER EVEN WANTED TO KNOW

and it just blew me away- for here was my own mother-in-law and she didn't even ask or say

james i want to know what in the world did you find out about the org- now i am not saying i will believe it , but AT LEAST I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU FOUND?

AT that point is really hit me as to the depth and intensity of the wt indoctrination process on the minds of the avg jw

the funny thing about it she complains all the time about the cong0 and what the org is doing

you can't help but feel sorry for her- she has spent her entire life in wt for the most part and the day will come when she realizes she wasted some 30yrs and the depression that she will exp will be great indeed

we will be here for her for she will never get to cash in her WT coupon of life under a fig tree

how sad

james

• JT
    JT

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i will agree with you 110% when i came here i too felt that if a Tweaks her and tweaks there were done the wt would be just fine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How wrong you were!

#######yes i was wrong---- i thought it could be fixed - i no longer hold that view

There is so much that needs to be corected and reformed that only Jehovah will be able to perform the task, which of course he promises to do in his own way and time.

###and this is where you are wrong -----God will not save the day for wt and in time you will see,

the sad part is now that i know you have a knack for music it is so painful to sit here and think here is a guy with a talent i never had and he is wasting it away for Pie in the sky

i have no desire to change your mind i only ask that you would save a few of the many post here that have gone back and forth with you and other over the last few years

date it and put in on a floppy disk and in about another 15-20 yrs if you continue to hold your view--- you will merely be 15-20 older and no closer to your fantasy than you are today

and the sad part is YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT

• Francois
    Francois

You Know:

"...Only Jehovah will be able to perform the task"? How utterly puerile. How callow. But how revealing of your real thoughts.

The WTBTS is an organization of men, dreamed up by men, screwed up by men. And its failures are correctible by men.

If it were God's organization, You Know, it would be perfect, now wouldn't it? That is isn't perfect - by your own admission - means that it isn't God's "organization" but man's.

So much for your insistence that the WTB&TS is Jehovah's organization.

How does it feel to have your own bullet pass through your own foot?

ft

My $0.02

• COMF
    COMF
    a torch-carrying. pitchfork-weilding. Frankenstein mob storming the Watchtower castle.

You have misunderstood. Those aren't pitchforks. They're shovels. And that isn't a castle. It's a huge pile of shit.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit