George Benson:associated with Jehovah?s witnesses

by frogit 15 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall 20 years ago seeing him in concert. His lead act was Kenny G.

At the time I remember someone from the local congregation saying they met him in Hawaii and that he was an elder.

Will

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

He is the Faithful and Discreet Celebrity. I like his song "This Masquerade".

• flower
    flower

In fact he is quite in good standing from what I can tell. The witnesses where I am from used to get together and go to his concerts whenever he was in town. I've heard that he would welcome them back stage after his shows.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Last Sunday in The Mail on Sundays magazine supplement is an article every week on the back page entitled "Its your Funeral" and has different celebrities giving their views about their death/obituary/funeral service etc......

You guessed it George Benson featured last week. He spoke alot about his JW views and his hope of the resurection and the new system. He spoke very movingly, even my dad was impressed (as a non-witness) He came across as a thoroughly decent guy.

Scoob

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I saw George Benson interviewed in the UK in the late 80s/early 90s. He spoke about his beliefs, field service and going door to door in twos. Yes, I saw him in concert as well.

3rd

• fraidycat9
    fraidycat9

I met him. I like him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit