Who is going to be at your funeral?

by buffalosrfree 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was thinking of this the other day, and thought about making a thread on what you would want said at your own funeral.

I know I would have family from my dad's side come to my funeral, not dear ole dad,,,,,,,good JW hypocrite you know, and anyway I am already dead to him.

I would have people here in my small town that I have made friends with in the last several months come, but I dont expect a large turn out. That is fine with me, as I only want people at my funeral who are going to say good things about me to my children . And those who would say comforting things to my hubby and children. After all it would be mainly them I would be concern with . All Jw funerals are terribly depressing and I never felt anything but sad for the non jw family who were there.

THere was one elder who passed away a couple of years ago and they did his funeral so different than anyother JW I have ever attended. He was an elder who was so beloved by so many in so many circuits, because he would stay in a congregation and when he built it up , he would move to another small congregation to help them out.

At his funeral.........his family knew his wishes were that everyone would remember him the way he was, full of laughter, kindness and always joking. He only allowed his immediate family and about 3 other elders to view his body, because he had cancer and didnt look the same. My husband was one of the ones his wife choose to be with the family for quite time, they mourned him at this time , just a few that were extreamly close to Bro. W.

At the funeral , we walked into the kingdom hall and the first thing we saw, was a big picture of Bro. W, smiling and waving at the camera,,,,he had been in service that day. It was amazing the feeling you got from looking at that picture when you came in the hall. It was as if , he was sending a message to not be so terribly sad,,,,,and as if he was waving goodbye for now to all of us.

We walked further into the hall and on the literature counter, were many pictures of Bro. W ,,,,,,,,,as a baby, as a kid, as a newly married man, pictures of him and so many of the other brothers and sisters. It was quite moving to see the way they arranged the pictures. It really showed that this man lived a happy life,,,,,,,,even thou JW, he thougth he was doing the right thing. He was always a giving man, and never harsh , or judgemental. He was truly one of a kind.

When they gave the talk........it was not like other jw's talks either. Of course the resurrection was spoken of and his life as a minister. But it wasnt a preaching talk to get non jw's to see the jw light ya know.

It was truly a wonderful way to say goodbye to someone. They even had 3 people he knew very well, all of his life, get up and say words about him, funny stories about him, things that they did in service and all the pranks he used to pull. The people in the audience mostly laughed and smiled.

To me that is the way, I want to go.........I dont want such saddness , although that is also part of it, but to talk about the joy a person had while alive , i think it can help ease the pain.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

I'll go to your funeral, Terri!!! But you gotta promise to make it another 60 years or so more at least.....! No fair croaking early.... 'k?

growedup

• Dawn
    Dawn

A lot - I plan to serve free alcohol!

Really though, if I have my way about it........then the people at my funeral will hopefully be:

All of my kids (which means none of them have passed on before me)

All of my grandkids (none of which I have yet, but I'm planning to live a long time)

All of my great grandkids (again......I plan to live a long long time)

My brothers (which would mean they are finally free of the JW mindset and can come to my church services)

All of the people I have helped (I could only hope that my life was worth this much - that 10 times more more people are touched by me in a positive way than those I have hurt somehow)

• kls
    kls

I know my kids and grandkids will be there but if they would decide not to how would i know , i am dead. It is not like you are up in you're casket looking around to see who showed up. It is important for people to care when you're alive not when you are dead. KLS

• copsec
    copsec

I believ you just highlight the part you wanna use, right click it and choose copy. Then you go to your post and right click where you want it and hit paste

• Xena
    Xena

Well I expect each and every one of you to be there!

Honestly I don't care.....I have already requested that my body be cremated and my ashes spread out over the ocean while my beneficiaries are on an cruise with my life insurance money.

• obiwan
    obiwan

SATAN!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit